Chapter 8 - Favorite Girl.

Noah paused for a good while, then spoke again.

"Wha........where'd you get that from?" Noah scoffed.

"Well, she called a two time kidnapper before the kids were abducted, and the man she called told us that she called and asked if someone could get rid of her grandchildren for her."

"My mother wouldn't DARE say anything like that!" Noah barked. "You need to check his fucking past to see if he's lying!"

"Well when we asked her to take a polygraph test, she turned us down. Not to mention that she said that she called us at 3:30 when she didn't call us until an hour after the kids were kidnapped." Detective Howard sighed. "Don't you think that that's a little sign of scrutiny?"

Noah clenched his jaw, hanging up the phone. In his lap, was a picture of Lily that he kept on him at all times, even before she passed away. He took a deep breath, picking up the phone to call Aunt Shay.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Ma, what's been going on down at the police station?" Noah asked, getting straight to the point.

Aunt Shay shook her head, taking a sip of her alcohol.

"Those sons of bitches tried to implicate me in killing my grandbabies!" Aunt Shay growled. "Can you believe that?"

Noah scrunched his eyebrows, sitting up in his chair.

"Ma, why did you call the police an HOUR after you knew that the kids were gone?" Noah mumbled.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean they could've been found them sooner had you did that!" Noah scowled. "And what is this about you calling some kidnapper?"

"They bugged my phone, Noah!"

"Well why didn't you just take a lie detector test to clear yourself out?"

Aunt Shay scrunched her eyebrows as her flushed face into a serious look.

"You......those cops actually got you thinking that I murdered my own damn grandkids?" Aunt Shay whispered in a sinister tone.

"I never said that, ma."

"So what the hell are you trying to imply?" Aunt Shay scowled.

"I'm just saying that you should take the test to clear yourself ou-"

"I shouldn't have to take no damn test to clear myself out, damnit! I'm their grandmother and I'm your damn mother!" Aunt Shay yelled. "I will not take no damn polygraph test to prove my innocence when I wouldn't do a damn thing to harm my grandbabies! How dare you, Noah!"

Before Noah could say anything else, Aunt Shay hung up on him. She was enraged, but Noah was willing to get down to the bottom of it just to solve the murder of the kids.

Even if it meant questioning Aunt Shay.

By the time the evening came about, I found myself wandering the streets of Cali. With no one else to turn to, I took a cab to Isaiah's house and knocked on his door, waiting for him to answer.

"Josh!"

I covered myself in a blanket that I had, warming myself through the chill winds that came about this time in Cali.

"'Saiah I uh........can I stay here until I get back on my feet?" I plead. "Back in Washington, I didn't have enou-"

"Cus, you ain't even gotta ask." Isaiah interrupted, opening the door. "Come on in."