Chapter 43 - Jogged Memories.

Once the officers left, Abel let Kayson have it. As Kayson got ready to run, Abel snatched him back and struck him in the face with the belt. Suddenly, Kayson balled up his fist and socked Abel in his face. As Abel crashed onto the floor, Kayson glared evily at him as blood trickled from the corner of his mouth, panting heavily and clenching his teeth at him. As Abel looked up at him, he watched Kayson keep the same vicious look at him.

"Come on..." Kayson whispered.

Abel lunged up and grabbed Kayson, but Kayson had had enough. As Abel struck him again, Kayson flew onto the ground and jumped back up, grabbing onto his father. As Abel slammed him into the dresser, they wrestled onto the ground, catching Iyana's attention. She ran into the room and got in between the two, screaming and yelling.

"Stop!" Iyana screamed as she wrestled Kayson away from Abel. "Stop! Stop it!"

"You will sleep outside in the barn from now on until you give me an apology like you owe me!" Abel growled.

"Come on, Dad!" Iyana plead. "You can-"

"Gladly." Kayson growled, panting and smacking Iyana's hand off of him. "Get off of me, Iyana."

Kayson barged past his father, grabbing his phone, charger, blanket, and heading out of the home.

"Lily was right." Kayson growled. "You're a stubborn piece of shit."

"Excuse me?!"

Kayson had had enough. And his patience was about as thin as a strand of hair.

Almost a half an hour later, the officers brought a topless Madilyn into the interrogation room. As she sat handcuffed in her chair, she turned in her chair and glanced at the door.

"Can I at LEAST get a jacket!?" Madilyn scowled. "I'm sitting here in my damn bra for Allah's sakes!"

A minute later, an Indian officer came out with a blanket and placed it over her shoulder. The detectives sat down, giving him a strict look.

"Did you understand the rights that we read to you in the police vehicle?" The officer growled.

"Yes..." Madilyn mumbled.

"Alright. What we're gonna do is get right to business." The first detective demanded. "Yesterday morning, we found your adoptive parents, deceased in their bed. When we interviewed the children, they told us that you were the one who did it while they slept in your bed-"

"They were torturing me, sir." Madilyn groaned. "I had to do that!"

"If they were torturing you, why were they found in their beds, dead from gunshot wounds?" The second detective scowled. "They obviously weren't torturing you that much!"

"You know what, I want an attorney!"

"There will be no need for one."

When Madilyn glanced at the door, she noticed that it was Stan. He placed his finger up at the officers, giving Madilyn an indication that he knew them.

"Officers, she's right. Her parents were torturing her." Stan added. "She's my fiancé, and her parents were trying to force her to marry another men, so they beat her everyday until she complied. Unfortunately, she snapped."

The officers gave him a funny look, watching him nod his head.

"I was there." Stan said in a serious tone.

The officers glanced at each other, placing their papers inside of their folders.

"We'll dismiss you of all charges, but we're ordering that the siblings of the shooter stay in your residency." The first detective said.