she is exposed to the warmth and the want

"Heart of Gold - Mat Kerekes"

"I'm getting tired of being on my own."

~

Katherine had finally announced it was the end of the night at 3am and we all trudged to bed. Having completely sobered up I was dreading what was to come. By the time I got to the bedroom we'd be sharing Klaus still wasn't there. I tied my hair up in a loose ponytail and slipped off my dress. I slipped into the bathroom quickly hoping to be in bed already by the time he came up. The thoughts of earlier and what had happen were flooding back, each event I thought of, the more I regretted the night. Why did I say the things I'd do to him? I wouldn't do anything with him not after everything he's done. You know better Caroline. But I didn't know better because all I could think about was Klaus' hands all over me that day in the woods.

Using a towel I wiped away the steam, that had collected on the mirror, before going to hop in the shower. But as soon as I turned the corner I jumped, he was there. Naked. Klaus was standing a metre away from me naked. I let out a small cough so he noticed me. He turned around and jumped to grab a towel. Nervously laughing, he wrapped it round his lower half and I felt my face burn up and couldn't even imagine the shade of pink I must be.
"I'm sorry love, I didn't realise you'd come in." He awkwardly smiled as I gulped down the urge to touch him, kiss him, do things I know I shouldn't.
"Don't, don't worry it's my fault." I let out a small laugh trying to drag my eyes away from staring at his body.
"Unless you didn't mind. I did hear what you said earlier. What was it again? Ah yes! "When I get him alone, you don't know half the things I'd do.."" He smirked getting closer to me. I knew he was just making fun of me and trying to get under my skin. It worked though as I blushed a bright shade of red, turned around and walked back into the bedroom.

I suddenly felt very exposed in my underwear. It didn't really leave much to the imagination but I couldn't go and find Elena to see if she had anything to borrow at this time because a) she'd be asleep or b) she'd be having sex with Damon. I really didn't want to walk in on that. Again.

I heard his footsteps slowly come closer.
"It's quite ironic that they chose you isn't it?" He laughed sitting down next to me on the bed.
"Oh, please I think we both knew they'd choose me." I said seriously looking up into his eyes. I felt caterpillars in my stomach break free into majestic butterflies and broke free of his gaze. We sat in silence for a while, I could feel his longing stare on me but I chose to ignore it while I took in my surroundings. I hadn't spent much time in this room of the mansion before. It was pretty large but not as big as Damon's room. The four poster mahogany bed had a green silk sheet  laying on it, on top of a feather duvet. The rest of the room was filled with different matching mahogany furniture. Opposite me and Klaus stood a floor length mirror. I stared at our reflections for a while before he noticed where I was looking.
"You know you should visit the Mikaelson manor. It's much more classy than this." We both laughed and he grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. I tensed up as I looked down. My hands were permanently cold but somehow his were managing to warm mine up. This wasn't the first time he'd held my hand but it felt different. I felt different.

Suddenly I realised we were both half naked and I shot up.
"I should really find something to sleep in." I started rummaging through the dressers but they were all empty. Turning around he threw his shirt at me.
"Not the most comfortable but I guess you don't have many other options unless you want to sleep in a bed with the big bad hybrid in nothing but your incredibly sexy underwear." He shot me a classic smirk and I walked over to him.
"I mean I guess I could.." I winked at him before throwing on his shirt.
"Caroline Forbes never play me like that again." He threatened pulling me towards him. Our faces were inches apart and something in me wanted to close that gap. Something in me begged me to do it.

"Good night Klaus." Is all I whispered in his ear before climbing into bed. I felt a pang of guilt and disappointment as I did so. Slowly, he climbed in the other side and whispered in my ear.
"Good night love." It sent chills down my spine and I shivered a little before rolling over. The nickname love not only made me feel all fuzzy inside but it made me want to turn over and do what I couldn't. Pushing it to the back of my mind I closed my eyes.

Not five minutes later I could feel the warmth of his hand reach towards mine. Without thinking I grabbed it and squeezed it tight. Neither of us let go all night. And as I drifted to sleep all I could think of was the warmth and smell of his shirt wrapped around me. And the man I so desperately wanted but couldn't have inches away from me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N

Sorry this is just a fluff/ filler chapter but I'm doing a double update so forgive me?

<3