but shes my queen and my sunshine

"In My Veins - Andrew Belle"

"You're in my veins, and I cannot get you out."

~

"Caroline! Caroline! Wake up!" I heard a familiar voice shouting my name as my embrace with sleep was broken. It was Bonnie.
"Thank you. Finally you're awake." She sighed, flopping down next to me and Elena slid under the covers on the other side.
"Katherine has decided to have a party here tonight. She says it's fairytale themed." Elena grunted and we all rolled our eyes in sync.
"What fairytale themed clothes do I have?" I cry thinking about my lack of dresses.
"That's why we're here. Look." Bonnie pointed to a box on the end of my bed. I would've recognised the ribbon anywhere. It's the one Klaus used on all my presents.
I gritted my teeth and snarled, "Klaus." Quickly all three of us leapt to the other end of the bed and I slipped a note out from under the ribbon. On the front of it was a scribbled heart, it was terribly inaccurate.

Caroline,

I would like to apologise for the other night and will fully explain what I meant to say later. I know how much you love the dresses I give you so if you please, you can wear this one later at the party. I didn't notice you take any dresses with you the other day so I thought you'd be in need of one.

Love, Klaus
P.S. Save me a dance

I slowly closed my eyes, removed the lid from the box and opened my eyes. I gasped and so did Elena and Bonnie. It was white and almost looked like a wedding dress, but had a golden undertone and the bodice was covered in matching intricate, gold patterns. It was sleeveless and flowed perfectly down to the floor.
As I looked again in the box I noticed another small one. I slowly opened it and on a burgundy, velvet cushion lay the most perfect necklace I'd ever seen. It was gold to match the dress and had small diamonds hanging from him, it was so delicate yet thoughtful.

"God I hate him." I grunted with the biggest smile on my face.
"Try it on then!" Bonnie clapped looking more excited then I did. Just as I jumped up Elena interrupted us.
"Are you sure? I mean this is Klaus who gave you this. Klaus." She reminded us and my heart sank, as I remembered that Elena would hate me forever when she found out about my feelings for him.
"It's fine Elena." I snapped, "it's pretty." I strutted away from her to change in the bathroom otherwise I probably would've said something I'd later regret about my deep love for her enemy. Changing, I avoided a mirror until I could see myself in a full length one.

Walking back into my room, I made sure not to trip over the dress, knowing how clumsy I am. As soon as Bonnie saw me she gasped and smiled.
"You look so beautiful Care!" She stared up and down and starting adjusting the dress so it fit in all the right places.
"Yeah you look great but still, you don't want to give Klaus the wrong impression do you?" Elena got up and left, obviously not happy with my decision to wear it.
"Don't worry you look amazing and I think Elena's just worried that you and Klaus will like fall in love or something." Bonnie laughed still looking at the dress.
"Yeah I guess." Smiling weakly, my stomach shook at the thought of facing Klaus later and Elena's judgment when she finds out that I'm secretly in love with Klaus. This was a lot more complicated then I had originally thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had started getting ready for the party 2 hours before it started to give me time to prepare. I'd already showered and dried my hair and was now staring at the dress that was hung up. I slid a hand down it admiring the detailed, patterns and took a deep breath. It was almost time to face Klaus.

To take my mind off of it I sat down at the vanity and stared at my reflection, deciding what to do with my makeup. Although my eyes had slight bags under them from lack of sleep I looked happy. I hadn't looked this happy since my mum had died and that was a big achievement of mine. I smiled before delving into my makeup bag.