he's a black hole and i the brightest star

"Show Me What I'm Looking For -  Carolina Liar"

"Save me, I'm lost."

~

{Caroline's POV}

I'd woken up pretty early considering the time I went to sleep and was enjoying a warm blood bag. I was aching to get home and grab my things, but I did invite Klaus along so waiting was probably the polite thing to do.

30 minutes later and he still hasn't come downstairs. What could he be doing? I decided to go and make sure he was still coming. I walked slowly up the stairs as people come down wanting breakfast and blood. I reached his room on the end of the corridor and knocked twice.
"Yes?" He called from inside, his morning voice was low and raspy and made me grin from ear to ear.

Cautiously, I cracked the door open and stepped inside. He was still in bed in the same thing from last night.
"Klaus! Wake up!" I whisper shouted, walking over to him and sitting on his bed.
"Oh. Caroline. I didn't realise it was you." He croaked, sitting up.
"Yeah, well you said you'd come to my house with me so please hurry up." I begged. Quickly, I fixed a hair that was sticking up and headed to the door. I turned around and he was watching me with a small smile. "Oh and good morning! I'll bring you a coffee." I smiled back and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Half an hour later we were out the house and walking to mine.
"Someone's high maintenance." I chuckle as we round a corner onto my road.
"Love, I've seen your wardrobe. And all your makeup." He seems to love correcting me. We walk down my drive way and I unlock the door, motioning him to come in. Ever since my mum had died, I lived here alone. It was pretty depressing since it reminded me of her but I had no where else to stay. Klaus followed me upstairs. Hot on my heels. As we entered my room we both sat down on my bed, a good amount of distance between us.

"I've always wanted to ask." He started turning his whole body to face me. "If you ever accepted my offer, where would we go first?"
"Well, I've always wanted to go to New York or Oo Disneyworld." I perked up like a child and he laughed leaning back onto my bed.
"Really? Caroline. We could go anywhere. Paris, Rome, Spain, Brazil, Fiji, Madagascar, Australia. But no you choose a place in America." He said sarcastically. I leant back to copy him and thought for a few minutes.

"Fine. I've thought of somewhere more exotic." I joked "We'd go to Thailand and ride elephants. Then we'd go to Japan and eat loads of sushi. Oh, oh and we'd go to China and I'd make you wear a kimono." Both laughing we turned to face each other. "What about you? Where you take me?"

"Interesting choices. Ok first, I'd take you to New Orleans and show you my home. Then we'd fly to Europe and would drink tea in England, before jetting off to Paris and I'd show you the lights from the top of the Eiffel Tower. We'd go to the south of France, Italy, Greece, Germany. I'd also love to take you to the Caribbean." My heart fluttered knowing he'd already thought about it. He made me feel special and I started to blush. Distracting myself, I stood up.

"Okay, we need to quickly pack some things." I grab a bag from under my bed and start opening draws. "I need some jeans, that dress and two tops. Also, my makeup."
"What about underwear?" He asks, holding a pair of my pants that I'd left on my bed.
"Give me them." My face turns bright red as I grab them from his hands.
"Sorry love." He holds his hands up in defence and sits on my bed.

I turn around to see him looking at a piece of paper. "You kept it I see." At a closer look I could see it was the drawing he did of me and a horse a while ago.
"Y-yeah. Of course. It's a great drawing. Why wouldn't I?" I tried to focus on packing, not wanting to look him in the eyes.
"I just thought you wouldn't want to keep presents from the big, bad hybrid." He mocked the use of the nickname and I laughed.
"Well," I sat down next to him. "When the big, bad hybrid is your friend. Then you do." I answered looking at him. He tried to hold in a laugh, covering his mouth. 
"Friends, huh?" He asked, flashing his teeth.
"Yes. Why? Do you think we're not friends?" I finish the last of my packing before answering.
"Well I wouldn't say that. I'd just say..." He stopped his sentence mid way and looked at me. "Are you finished packing love?"
"What Klaus? What would you say?" I became curious.
"Nothing, don't worry." He stood up wiping his hands on his jeans before I grabbed them.
"Huh. I've never met anyone that could make your hands swear." I tease, interlocking my fingers with his. He took a step closer to me. I froze before relaxing.
"Well, you know you're very special to me." He answered truthfully.

I looked into his eyes and I could feel myself falling for him. His words made scars on my heart like a knife, his eyes pierced me like fangs and his smile suffocated me, like I'm drowning in the ocean. I waited for at least a minute before I replied. I had to choose my next words carefully, but I didn't. I just blurted them out. I knew I'd regret them. I said them anyway.

"Am I special... Because you love me?" I stutter, not taking a single breath. He interlocked our fingers and took a deep breath.
"Caroline. Someone like me, someone who's spent thousands of years loving people, then losing them or being betrayed. I find it impossible to trust and love bu-" Before he could finish I sped out of there.

He doesn't love me. He was in love with me for so long and I didn't return the feelings. But now I'm falling for him and he's the one playing me. I stopped and leant against a tree. I could feel hot tears fall down my cheeks. One by one they fell, like rain, and soon I was balling my eyes out. I slid against the tree and sat down, head in my hands, trying to collect my thoughts. I guess this is what I get. I deserve it. For so long he loved me unrequitedly and now we've switched roles. It's fine. I'm fine.

I heard quick footsteps headed my way. I wiped my eyes, smearing my mascara, and ran back to the Salvatore's.

As soon as I walked through the door, all eyes were on me.
"What happened?" Bonnie asked.
"Weren't you with Klaus?" Elijah questioned.
"Caroline, did he hurt you?" Stefan called.
"Where is he now?" Rebekah chimed in.
I ignored them all and sped upstairs, locking my door. Again I sank down, like my heart and leant against the door. I didn't realise that my feelings ran this deep but I felt like a black hole had swallowed my heart. Caroline. Get it together. This is Klaus. You'll get over. He's not good for you.

I tried to convince myself many things before the game in an hour. None of them worked so I had to apply lots of makeup to hide the sadness on my face. Like a mask. I chose out a red lace top that Klaus had obviously thrown into my bag, a tear appeared in my eye but I pushed it back, wanting to hold back the inevitable tsunami for as long as possible. I paired the top with a black mini skirt.

During the hour Klaus had come back home and knocked on my door multiple times, making multiple threats to break it down. He didn't. I was glad because he'd remind me of earlier and I needed to prepare for the games. I'd taken a bottle of bourbon up here a few nights ago and started drinking it.
I needed to be drunk when I saw his beautiful face.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N
I just got back from holiday so I should update more often now but I hope you guys are enjoying my book, I have a few more on the way.

<3