when the epilogue is just the beginning of a whole other story

"To the Wonder - Aqualung ft. Kina Grannis"

~

1 year later

"Bonnie Bennett! I haven't spoken to you fully in what? 5 months? God texting is not enough." Caroline had answered a long awaited FaceTime call from Bonnie, while relaxing on the shore of Hawaii. The stars shone down and reflected off of the waves. The breeze flew through her hair and swirled around her.
"I know we miss you so much! When are you coming back?" Bonnie called back.
"I'm not sure yet, Klaus and I are thinking of going to Australia next but we're not sure. Oh my god! I need to send you these photos. The first one is Klaus in a kimono. It's from our first trip to China. Doesn't he look adorable? Oh, and this is from when he took me to Disney for my birthday! I made him buy Mickey ears to match my Minnie ones." By this time Caroline and Bonnie were both in fits of laughter, gasping for air.
"Caroline!" Suddenly a loud voice, shouted from behind her. "Are you showing the little witch those tremendously embarrassing photos of me?" Klaus walked down the shore with two coconut drinks in hand.
"I'm sorry, I just had to, you look so cute." She chuckled, taking a sip from the drink he has now passed her.
"I see you two are still getting on great." Bonnie laughed.
"That depends on how embarrassing Caroline wants to be." Klaus glared into her eyes, which resembled the colour of the ocean.
"I said I'm sorry." Caroline quickly pecked him on the cheek. "So how are you and little Mikaelson?"
"We broke up like 5 months ago, but we're still great friends. I talk to him almost everyday and he has this adorable new girlfriend. Her names Davina and she's also a witch." Bonnie replied, showing the couple a photo of her.
"Aw I'm sorry Bon, how's your love life then?" Caroline asked as Klaus wrapped his arms around her small frame.
"I met this guys, he's so great. His name is Enzo. By the way everyone here is great and they say hi!" Caroline produced a grin that beamed brighter then the sun.
"Bonnie that's amazing! And tell them I love them and say hi as well. I think we should get going now, it's pretty late here but I'll make sure to call very soon. I want to FaceTime meet this Enzo guy!"
"Bye Care! I love you!" Bonnie called and hung up, a smile on both girls faces.

With that Caroline hopped up and grabbed Klaus' hand.
"What are we doing love?" Klaus laughed, jumping up.
"Catch me if you can!" Caroline teases and ran off along the beach. The sand flew from under her feet, and the wind flapped around in her long white dress, hair flying everywhere. She was the happiest she'd ever been. And it was all thanks to Klaus Mikaelson. Quickly enough he caught up to her, and tackled her to the ground.
"Got you." He whispered in her ear as he rolled off of her.

They both stared at the stars in the sky, Caroline would try and search for constellations but Klaus didn't need to. The brightest and most beautiful star was lying next to him, on the beach in Hawaii, and he couldn't get enough of her.
"The stars are so beautiful tonight." Caroline muttered, interlocking her fingers with his.
"They remind me of someone." He looked over at her and stared into her sky blue eyes. They were flecks of lighter and darker blues and spots green. They were interesting and complex, like her, Klaus could never get bored of looking into them.

Then he kissed her. Every time they kissed Caroline felt like it was the first time all over again. The same butterflies. The same breathlessness. She had explored all over his body and it never got boring, and vice versa.

They had visited all over the world, every continent and they never got bored. There were always new things to discover. There were so many things still on Caroline bucket list and she had the pleasure of completing them with the love of her life.

They made each other feel alive again.

And every once in a while, Klaus would still send her his love letters, with little scribbled hearts.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N
That's it! That's the end of Scribble Hearts! Thank you all so much for reading it, and we've almost hit 1k views which is amazing! Thank you for voting and continuing to read it. As I said on the last chapter, there's a possibility for a sequel, but ONLY if you guys ask for it. So, if you want to know about Klaroline's travels around the world, comment on this chapter.

Again thank you all so much.
All my love - D <3