I intend to be your last, however long it takes

*PLEASE READ THE A/N IF YOU WANT A SEQUEL*

"Find My Way Back - Eric Arjes"

"I'll be there to fall into the dark, to chase your heart, no distance could ever tear us apart."

~

Flying. It's a funny thing. You put your trust into a stranger, to transport you from one undiscovered place, to the next. You never know if you'll land. But you trust them anyway. They could easily harm you but you trust them, without knowing a thing about the person. So why could we, humans, not trust each other?

These were the thoughts that buzzed through my head, during the 3 hour flight to New Orleans. I read, I watched tv, I even had a nap. But all through these activities, the thought of Klaus strained my concentration.

I was ready. To see him. For us to continue to fall in love with each other. To travel the world together. Just as he had promised those years ago. He was all I thought about, and that pleased me. It brought a smile to my face and I knew I had made the right decision to trust the stranger, and fly to New Orleans.

We had landed. I practically fell out of the plane and into the airport. My flats collided with the cold white floor, as I scurried to passport control, not wanting to waste another minute.

It was a mistake coming to this certain kiosk. An extremely grumpy woman sat in front of me. Her bright, red, dyed pixie cropped hair did little to hide the pure annoyance on her face. I flashed her a toothy grin, wondering if it was possible to cheer her up, but she just glared into my soul. Slowly, she opened my passport and stared at my photo for a solid 5 minutes. She then turned to face me and stared at my face, that she was probably very familiar with, for another 5 minutes. She repeated these steps another time before stamping my passport.

Thank goodness that's over. I thought to myself as I ran, as fast as I could to collect two of my bags from the conveyer belt. Just my luck. My bags were last to come through and I ended up waiting another 5 minutes for them. It's like the universe just doesn't want me with Klaus. I laughed and continued running straight out of the doors. I ran to a taxi. I was running to the man I loved.

As I clambered in, I gave the driver orders to go to the centre of the French Quarter, and could finally relax for 10 minutes.

My heart was beating 100 times and minute, and I could swear it was about to explode. Like a drum, my heart was beating for him. The past couple of weeks were the build up, and New Orleans was the long awaited crescendo. I watched as the taxi sped past buildings, streets and people, going almost as fast as my time with Klaus had been and gone. The few years I'd known Klaus were the bucket full of rain, leading up to the rainbow. And I was finally reaching my pot of gold. My mum's death, Bonnie's death, Ripper Stefan, Jenna and Alaric's deaths, even Damon's death were all parts of the storm, that is my life. Could Klaus finally be the sunshine to end it all? Was that even a question? I know he is.

The bored taxi driver interrupted my thoughts.
"We've arrived." He glared at me so I quickly thanked him and hopped out, grabbing my belongings. There was only one small problem left.
How the hell do I find Klaus?

I decide the best thing to do is ask a local, someone around here must know Klaus. Walking down a boulevard of shops, I think of which one to ask around in.
Music shop? Why would Klaus be shopping for instruments? Stupid thought.
Witch shop? No way. They probably hate him in there anyway.
A bar? Sure, why not.

I stumbled in, still lugging around my multiple bags, and wobbled over to the bar.
"Hey." I smiled at the bartender. She was a blonde woman, probably a year or two older then me. We looked pretty similar once I thought about it. I giggled a bit and continued. "Could I have a gin and tonic please?"
"Of course." She smiled and started to mix my drink. Nervously, I thought of a way to ask her about Klaus.
"Camille, is it?" I noticed her name tag and thought it would be polite to call her by her name.
"Just call me Cami. I should really change the name on here, since I get everyone to call me that instead." She laughed and handed me my drink.
"Cami then, I was wondering if you know anything about Klaus Mikaelson?" I took a slow sip of drink as her eyes widened.
"I didn't realise people came looking for Klaus on purpose. Especially no one of the female kind." We both laughed in sync as she continued. "Yeah, I know him we're pretty good friends."
"That's great. Do you know where I could find him or where he lives?" I finished my drink in one gulp and began to stand up.
"Yeah of course. He lives in, probably, the biggest house you've ever seen." He started and I picked up my bags. My stomach was doing somersaults. "It's o-" She didn't finish her sentence.
"What? Where is it?" I questioned, starting to worry. The somersaults got 10x faster.
"I don't think you'll need to go looking for him, sweetie." She laughed and looked straight past me. Cautiously, I turned around to look where she was looking. He was here. He was stood 3 metres behind me, in the doorway of the bar. My somersaults stopped and my heart beat out of my chest, landing on my sleeve. Klaus, in all of his perfection, had found me.

"Klaus?" I whispered.
"Caroline?" He whispered back, so only I could hear him.
I stopped. Dropped my bags to the ground, with a very loud thump. I ran. I ran and jumped straight into his arms. I looked into his eyes for half a second. It felt like forever. I was finally going to say the words that had been caught in my throat for so long. The words I wanted to say and he wanted to hear. A weight was lifted off of my shoulders and relief filled my whole body.
"I am so in love with you, Klaus Mikaelson."
That's when I crushed his lips with my own. This kiss was something I'd never felt before. It was like I was kissing him in the woods , all that time ago, for the first time. Like I was kissing him at the ball and then in my room. Like I was kissing his body on my bed.

And then I saw the memories. Him in my bedroom on my birthday, promising to show me the world. Him healing me all those times. Our date, when he made me laugh, when he told me the time he wanted to be human. When he kissed me at my graduation and told me:

"He's your first love,
I intend to be your last,
However long it takes."

And he was going to be my last.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N
Wtf guys... This is the last chapter, I'm going to cry. There of course will be an epilogue uploaded very soon, but then that's it. We're finished. But... (Yes there's a but!!) I could write a sequel. If you want that please, please comment below. If I don't get enough comments then I won't write it because I have so many other books in the works. So, unless enough people want it, it won't happen. So, please, please comment! I love you all thank you for sticking by and reading my first ever book. It means a whole lot to me. Keep your eyes open for the epilogue.

Thank you for everything <3