What It's Like To Have ADD/ADHD

[Please read until the end. This is important to me.]

I've been wanting to do one of these for forever, just talking about ADD/ADHD and how it effects my life and others. I decided just now to do it because I realized it's taken me over four hours to do 13 math problems for homework.

And this is normal.

Anyway, I'm just going to get into a few topics and tell you how I feel and such.

"ADHD isn't real"

Yes, this happens. In fact, I saw a Youtube comment saying that exactly.

 In fact, I saw a Youtube comment saying that exactly

(I kept the reply with it because it's relevant)

First of all, excuse you. Second of all, what?

This is ridiculous. ADHD and ADD are real mental disorders. They do exist. It's not just some "childish phase". Adults have it too.

So, please, respect those who do have it and don't go around saying it "doesn't exist".

ADD and ADHD don't always make you act crazy.

It's purely the persons choice of how they act physically. I, for example, never act out like the stereotypical person with ADHD/ADD. It doesn't force you to interrupt your teacher in the middle of class. That's completely the persons choice.

The ADHD/ADD excuse.

"Today I couldn't concentrate on my homework. I think I have ADHD."

No, you don't. You're probably just stressed out about something or too lazy to do it.

However, if this happens constantly and you can't seem to focus on an assignment, the chances are higher.

Tell me, how long does one homework assignment typically take you?

Ten minutes? Thirty? It takes me over two hours. I just can't focus on the task at hand.

Please don't say you have a mental disorder when you don't. Why do people do this, anyway? It's not a good thing.

Finally, what it's like to have ADD/ADHD.

Instead of describing to you how it is, I'll simulate it for you. I'm going to type everything that goes through my head and tell you every movement I make whilst.

"I'm writing in my randomness book."

Cracking my knuckles and neck. Straightening out my legs.

"My neck hurts, I shouldn't crack it as much."

"Oh, a plane. Sounds like farting."

"I'm writing in my randomness book and now I'm thinking of being aware of that... and now I'm thinking of being aware of being aware."

I crack my toes.

"I should do my homework. My mom's gonna kill me."

Scratching the back of my head. (It's not actually itchy.)

Looking over to my dog.

"I like cats better than dogs. They're cuter."

Scratching my arm and neck. (Even though they aren't itchy.)

Looking over to my cat.

"My dream last night was so gross. I should stop picturing that."

Rubbing my arm.

"I bet I have a rash... That's not how it works."

"I have freckles but I don't want them. Ew."

"Why am I talking in third per-"

*mom walks in*

"wELP TIME TO WORK"

Acting like I'm working.

*she walks away*

Staring at my problem.

"I wonder if everyone is gonna think I'm overreacting. Should I delete this from the chapter? I guess not, unless it gets too ridiculous."

Cracking my knuckles.

"Steven Universe episode out on Thursday!"

Lays back against couch. Looks up at ceiling fan.

"I wonder if someone can die from a lightbulb. Do lightbulbs burn vampires? I ship Edward and Bella so much. Oh my gosh she's in the hospital, that means I can read about Carlyle! Carlyle has eleven wives. That was a good night. I was so nervous, though."

Looks at dog.

"My shoulder hurts."

"I wonder if I have cancer. I'm being ridiculous. Why can't I spell ridiculous right?"

Cracks toes. Quickly looks up at fan.

"My dog isn't as cute as she used to be. We have those old pictures of me and her. I had a stick. What happened to my stick? I wish I could cosplay Donnie since I have a huge tree branch."

"This is Halloween, this is Halloween🔫"

"I didn't mean to put a gun emoji but ay okay."

Rubs eye.

"I need to do my homework."

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

This was only an example of me, others may be different. I just wanted to talk about it is all. Ask me questions if you have any! ^0^