Seventeen

A/N

Hey! This isn't really relevant to the story, but I just wanted to dedicate this chapter to OneThatWrote She is the most active reader I've ever had on here when I had my other stories out. 

I just wanted to say thank you for reading and liking the story so much!

She also has a book out called 'The Telescope'. If you want to check it out I'll leave a link right here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/71965560-the-telescope 

It would be awesome if you could check it out. I really like it so far! It is ongoing, but it's totally worth the wait. Keep at it! 

Okay, back to the story, I'll bet you're dying to find out ;)

*Laughs evilly* 

Jk...

~*~

"I was just getting home from the skate park. I walked inside and saw my uncle, Samuel Fredrick, pacing around the living room. He was just, walking. Walking and mumbling incoherent things and it scared me. I had never seen him like that. I picked up on a few things. He would say, 'he had it coming', or 'make it quick and easy before anyone notices'. He stopped when he saw me at the door. I ask him what he was mumbling about. He wouldn't tell me. He just ran from the living room into the kitchen."

I listen intently at Lawrence's story. He twiddles with his fingers, stalling. I want to yell at him. Tell him to keep going as my patience is quickly draining. I want to know everything and he's keeping that from me. I want to scream and cry and just... die, but I can't even begin to think about any of them because I need to know. Want, hurt, and hatred burn in my stomach making me nauseous. 

"I didn't think anything of it until I saw him... walk out of the kitchen shoving a knife down his pants, hiding it between his waist band. I pretended like I didn't see anything and let him walk out the front door. I waited a second before climbing out of the window and running to my bike to follow him. I followed him all the way down to Amy's house. I parked a bit farther down from her house so Sam couldn't see my bike. I walked the short distance to Amy's house. It was dark out, as you know, so I didn't really have a hard time sneaking over to the window that faces into the living room where the front door was. I had a perfect view of it.

"So I listened. I listened to Sam get out of the car and walk up to the front door. I cringed when I heard Amy scream through the house that she would be there in a second. The worry had fully set in at this point and I was just, waiting for something to happen. I just couldn't think of what at the time. Amy ran to the door, she checked her hair and makeup before twisting the knob, revealing Sam. He didn't do anything at first, he just stared at her. Now I think Amy was expecting someone else because when she saw him, her smile faltered. Sam just, smirked. He was slowly inching his hand towards his waistband and at this point, I knew exactly why he was there."

"To kill Amy," I finish for him. Lawrence nods slowly. Tears are spilling from my stinging eyes at this point. I don't want the gory details, but if that's what I need to hear to know what happened to Amy, so be it.

"Amy looked so confused. She said, 'I'm sorry, I was expecting someone else'. Then Sam said, 'No, I'm exactly who you you were expecting'. Then, next thing I know..." Lawrence stops, laying his head back against the glass. My vision is completely blurry so I can't really read the expression on his face.

"Why didn't you do something!?" I scream, punching him. He jumps in surprise. "Why didn't you stop him!? Her death is not only on Sam's hands, but on yours, too! You know you can go to jail for that? Withholding evidence! That's a crime!" Lawrence grabs my flailing arms and I become weak. Like every bit of strength that I just had, has now left. I cry with my head hung low, not even fighting when Lawrence wraps his arms around me in a close embrace. As much as I want to scream and run away to cry, we both need this hug. My body is too weak to function.