Twenty

Hearing those words leave Lawrence's mouth sends electric shocks through my body. I smile and turn my head to face him. A smile of his own is plastered to his lips as he knows the meaning of those three little words.

I never, in all my eighteen years, would have thought that someone - especially someone like Lawrence - could actually say that they love me. The thought is scary and thrilling all at one time, attacking me like a tsunami, mixing my thoughts into chaos. Except, I like the feeling. I like the mix of nausea and excitement stirring together in my stomach.

"You wanna go somewhere in a bit?" Lawrence asks quietly. I nod, biting my lip. Lawrence's eyes shift to my lip which is hidden beneath my teeth. I release it, knowing what he's thinking.

"I like it in here," I comment as I snuggle into Lawrence's side. His arm finds it's way over my shoulders, holding my in a tight embrace. "Your mom must have been an amazing person." Lawrence tenses next to me, and I twine my fingers through his free hand. He grabs my hand back with a solemn look on his face. I place my mug on the coffee table and adjust myself so I'm looking at his poor, sad looking face. I place my palm on his cheek and smile weakly.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought her up," I say.

"No, it's fine," he assures. "She was such a pointed person. Always on time, always kept the house in tip-top shape, and she always made sure everything was in it's place no matter where we were; as I've told you. I remember when she came home and said that she quit her job. She was like: 'Lawrence! We are going to have a life again!'" Lawrence's eyes show emotions of love and recollection. His grey eyes have a new blueish tint that I haven't yet seen. Usually they look a darker shade of grey blue, but the love in his eyes make them look a few shades lighter.

"She told me what the plan was. It was an odd plan at the time, but it worked out. Better than she could have ever imagined. She was right, we got our lives back. Of course she died shortly after, but you know, that's life for ya," Lawrence laughs bitterly, trying to rid of the pain.

I struggle to bring myself to smile for him, help him, but I can't. I squeeze his hand which makes him snap his head in my direction. I must have snapped him out of his trance because his once love filled eyes are not dark with lust and so many other emotions that it's hard to decipher what exactly they are.

Lawrence starts to lean in towards me, and leaving with me with no time to prepare for what is bound to happen. He close the distance swiftly between us. His lips are against mine in no time and I'm thankful for the not-so-crowded cafe. My body reacts almost instantly to his flaming touch, sending me into overdrive. Lawrence's and grabs the side of my rib cage, holding me to his chest. My fingers trace the edge of his jaw, enjoying the smooth feeling beneath my fingers.

Lawrence pulls away slowly, resting his forehead against mine. His eyes are closed and he breaths unevenly as if that small kiss has messed with his breathing. I brush my fingers across his cheekbone, his eyes finding mine. A smile falls on his lips as he sees me.

"I love you... so much, Serendipity Hampton," he whispers.

"I love you more," I challenge.

"Don't test me, Ser. It wont end well," he warns. I feel his warm hand slip beneath my shirt and I slap it away quickly as we are in public.

"Not here," I state.

He groans and falls onto my chest. I wrap my arms around his head and hug him in the weirdest hug I've probably ever had. I kiss the top of his head, and I smirk when I see the small effect it has on him. He lifts up his head, and shakes his head at me.

"What?"

"You are just... so... perfect," he replies, playing with a bit of my hair.

"Shut up. No I'm not," I deadpan. As my words leave my mouth, a clap of thunder booms through the cafe. I jump in surprise and nuzzle myself beneath Lawrence's arm. He laughs and leans over so he can grab something from the table. A few button pressed later, a new voice comes on. The voice sounding oddly scripted, I lift my head and see that Lawrence has turned on a TV that I hadn't noticed before.

"A severe weather warning has come up and we advise for everyone to stay in doors. The streets will be flooded and thunder and lighting will be present. Stay indoors, and have a good day," the reporter speaks. The few people in the cafe groan loudly and go back to sipping at their drinks. I look to Lawrence who looks... happy?

"Why do you look so happy?" I ask, poking his side.

"Because, it's stormy, and I loved storms. Also, I'm trapped inside my mother's cafe with the love of my life," he replies. I stare at him, my mouth open slightly as I try to for some kind of sense of his words. He just smile and stands for his spot on the couch, walking up to the center of the room. All eyes land on him as he just waits momentarily.

"I'm sorry about the inconvenience, folks. But I assure you that you are more than welcome to do what you please. Just don't break anything, of course. Free drinks, if they are wanted, will be passed around." Lawrence ends his small speech then takes my hand, dragging me towards a door in the back of the cafe. Behind this door is a large kitchen with about five or six bakers and such are working diligently. I smile at all of them, as they all catch my eye, and continue to be dragged by Lawrence.

"Where are we going?" I groan. He pulls over by a large table and he releases my hand to grab supplies from beneath the table. After a minute of rustling ad clanking, Lawrence reappears with bowls, mixing utensils, and ingredients like flour, sugar, and a mix of spices. He begins to organize the different things and glances at me every so often.

"So, we are going to be good citizens today and we are going to make treats for those poor people out there," he states matter-of-factly.

"What? Is this like some sort of 'good deed' so we don't end up in hell?" I ask teasingly, referring to his comment earlier.

"Something like that," he states, pointing a whisk at my face. We begin to mix ingredients for chocolate chip cookies and, in all honesty, it's been the funnest thing I've done in a long time.

~*~

Hey guys! Sorry I've been M.I.A for the past few days because of school and I've been in New Hampshire where there is literally no internet. But here is just a quick filler chapter, not much happens. But next chapter, Lawrence and Ser might talk about Middleton...

Bye lovelies