Twenty Five

"Bianca," I begin, "where was the last place you were with your parents again?" Bianca shrugs as best she can with her arms around Lawrence's neck.

"We were just walkin' around the park and then the storm started. Daddy told me to run into the store because it was unlocked. They said they would be right back." Could they have just gone back to the pharmacy to see if she is still there? It's not an impossible idea.

"Maybe they went to go find her at the pharmacy where I found her?"

"Why didn't you think of that before hand?" I roll my eyes at Lawrence's comment and poke him in his side.

~*~

Five minutes later we arrive at the pharmacy to see a man looking worried outside. He has a slight belly and a balding head. He look like he's gonna explode. We rush up to him and catch him by surprise.

"Hi," I say.

"Hi."

"Has a man and woman passed in here looking for their daughter?"

"Yes, oh my gosh. Is this her?" the man asks pointing to Bianca.

"Yeah, that's her. Are they in there?"

"Yeah, they're looking around the store for her. Go in see if you can find them." Lawrence mutters a quick 'thank you' and we rush inside. It looks how it did earlier when I first discovered Bianca behind the mounds of chips. In the back of the store, I can here voices calling for Bianca.

"Mommy!" she yells. She hops down from Lawrence's back and runs towards the faint voices.

"Bianca!" a very familar voice says. A woman, specifically the lady that let me use her phone to call Jared that one night. She throws Bianca on her hip and hugs her against her.

"Oh, my baby! I thought we lost you!" Her eyes look up to Lawrence and me and her face washes over with realization. She places Bianca back on the ground, and paces over to us. Thinking she's going to yell at us, I am pleasantly surprised to have her embrace me in a hug. I laugh awkwardly until she releases me and does the same to Lawrence. His face is contorted uncomfortably, but once the lady pulls away, he plasters a false smile on his face instead. I roll my eyes.

"Thank you so much! I thought I had lost her," she sighs, relief and worry blown out with it. "Say, have I seen you before?"

"Yeah, you let me use your phone outside of Paul's bar," I answer.

"Right! Anyway, thank you for taking care of my baby. We were coming back when we we got dragged into an old antique shop. I was so worried."

"It's not problem," Lawrence says, "she was a joy." The lady smiles and walks away to join her husband and Bianca. I lace my fingers with Lawrence's and pull him out of the store. As we walk along the sidewalk, I try to find any faults in our plan. All we need to do is call Sharon and have her help us.

This is going to be easy?

Yeah... Easy.

~*~

Lawrence and I found a bench on the side of a main road so we could call Sharon. I just hope she believes us. I have known Sharon for quite a bit now, and she knows I don't lie to her. She made me promise when I had first arrived to JDC.

The ringer of Lawrence's phone makes that horrible ba-ding! every five seconds until Sharon finally picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey... Sharon. It's Ser and Lawrence. We, uh... need to tell you something. Then we need to ask you a favor."

"If you need money, I'm not givin' you any."

"Glad to know that if I were drowing in dept that you would be the first to help," I reply, sarcasm the only thing covering my words.

"You know it. So what is it you need to tell me?" I look to Lawrence, and his features tell me that he's nervous; no words needed. I glance away at my feet to begin the story. Nervous habit I guess?

"So... Where do I begin?"

~*~

Hey sorry this one is so short I am just hella tired and I just wanted to get back in the swing of writing again.

I think after this book is completed, I am going to start wriring another one on here. It will be a bit more relatable, not only to me personally but to anyone who can relate to it.

Anyway, just a little rambling.

Byeee!