SIXTY ONE ⇢ COFFEE WITH CHRIS

TOM FIDDLED WITH HIS FINGERS ANXIOUSLY AS HE WAITED FOR CHRIS

TOM FIDDLED WITH HIS FINGERS ANXIOUSLY AS HE WAITED FOR CHRIS. The nervousness had clenched at his stomach for the past few days and the evidence was clear, jittery from all the caffeine with pale purple circles beneath his eyes. But as Chris walked through the door of the coffee shop Tom felt himself growing more and more serene. Chris was nice. He would be okay.

When Chris finally noticed Tom he smiled and made his way towards the table. "This mine?" He nodded towards the cup in front of his seat as he sat down. "Uh, yeah," Tom replied, shifting as he attempted to sit up straighter. "Thanks, man. How much do I owe you?" Chris took a sip.

"Nah, that's okay. I got it." Chris nodded and thanked him with a grin. "So, what's going on?"
He asked. Tom sighed, "So I know that this may seem a bit... Old fashioned of me. But... But I love your sister. More than she will ever know. And I want to do this right, so before I even made up my mind I wanted to ask you. Are you okay with me asking Carlson to marry me?"

Chris choked on the coffee he'd been drinking, a sudden coughing fit rising in his throat. "Oh my God," Tom exclaimed and reached across to make sure he was okay. "I'm fine, I'm good, man." Tom nodded and sat back, waiting for a reply patiently. "I... I don't know what to say. I know you love her. I see it everyday that you do I just... It makes me nervous. If I'm being honest, I can't wait till we see Mr. Thompson, so I can kick his ass in front of everyone. With everything going on with him, are you sure that's what you want?"

"Yes. I've thought about it for a while now. I know we're young, and we've not been together that long. I just... I wake up next to her in the morning and realize I want to do that everyday. I want her to know that I'm not going anywhere, and that I love her unconditionally. I know what she's going through it hard, but I want to be there to make it better." Chris smiled at the reply and nodded with a chuckle.

"You're a good kid, Tom. You know what I think?" Chris asked. Tom shook his head with an anxious intake of breath. "I think  you two are going to be a beautiful married couple. You have my blessing," He said. Tom laughed and stood, pulling the much larger man in for a hug.

Though this action surprised Chris a little, he hugged back to no avail with a grin. He understood the love that Tom held for his little sister, and he knew he couldn't ask for someone better to take care of her. "Thank you so much," Tom sighed with relief. "Of course, Kid." Chris just nodded. He couldn't wait for the wedding.

-------
this was cute.
i know i whine a lot, so i'm thinking i should make a rant book? you guys agree?? would you read/comment?
also, if any of you ever have family struggles feel free to message me. i know it's tough and i wish i had someone to talk to, my messages are always open :)