EIGHTY SIX ⇢ PRIDE

ELENA WAS BEAUTIFUL

ELENA WAS BEAUTIFUL. As she stood in front of the glass window next to her older brother, Carlson let her eyes wander around the array of small infants with a grin. "She's so small," She spoke, breaking the comfortable silence. Chris nodded, a small smile breaking his otherwise serious expression as he noticed the awe in her voice. "Still a little far off, right?"
He asked. "Huh?" Carlson turned her head to look at her brother. "I'll have a while before I get a niece or nephew from you, won't I?" Chris asked.

"I.... I don't know," She mumbled. "You don't know?" He repeated. "Tom and I have never talked about it. I don't know, I might not even want kids. I'm not sure," Carlson said. Chris nodded, "Nothing wrong with that. Kids aren't for everyone," He replied. "What does Harley think about kids, hmmmm?" She teased, poking his bicep. "I don't know, she's never really talked about that either. But hey, you're the one who's engaged not me."

She just nodded again, "I think I'm gonna go talk to Chandler, if she's awake," She muttered. "She is, Robert and Susan were just in there," Chris spoke. Carlson said bye to her brother and then headed towards the other end of the dimly lit hospital hallway where Sebastian and Tom stood. "Am I okay to go in there right now?" Carlson asked. Sebastian smiled warmly, "Yeah, she's been waiting on you," He said.

"She's beautiful, Sebastian. She looks just like you guys," She complimented. He smiled again, "I think she looks more like Chandler. But you're right, she is gorgeous," He said. Tom was grinning at the interaction slightly, his tiredness giving way to his actions more and more. "I'll talk to you guys later, I'm gonna go in."

When she walked in the room the small television was lit up with a little kid sitcom of some sort, Chandler sitting up in the bed and staring intensely at it. "Elena's not even in here. What is this, Peppa Pig?" She teased. Chandler looked over at her and grinned, "Hey, I figure I better get familiar with little kids TV now."

Carlson sat next to Chandler on the uncomfortable hospital mattress and took her hand. "She's perfect, Chan." She smiled and modded, "She is, isn't she?" Chandler replied, "I can't believe I made that." "I can. She looks just like you and Sebastian," Carlson told her. Chandler grinned at her again. "Thank you. How've you been, sweetheart? It feels like I haven't seen you in too long."

"I'm okay. Glad the trial is over, happy to be around everyone right now, really." Chandler nodded and took Carlson's hand in her own. "I'm really proud of you, Carl. Seriously, I don't know how you're not curled up in a ball crying right now," She praised the younger girl. "To be honest with you, a lot of days that's what I feel like doing. But it's not fair to me, to Tom, to my fans. I just have to remember the person I've become since then and be proud of myself for being happy."

Chandler smiled and sat up further to envelope the blonde in a tight hug, tears springing to her eyes. "I love you. You did good, Chan. Today isn't about me, don't cry for me," Carlson said, holding on to the new mother. "I know. I'm still hormonal," Chandler laughed. She grinned and squeezed her tightly once more before letting go, "Get some rest, sweetheart. You deserve it," Carlson said.

"As long as you promise to come over with Tom this week," Chandler sighed and laid back. "Of course. Promise. Love you," Carlson said as she stood. "Love you too," Chandler said. Carlson left her to sleep after that, and as she exited the room Sebastian stepped back in.

She was still grinning when she found Tom standing in front of the nursery staring at the girl he considered to be his younger sister. "How is she?" He asked. "She's good," Carlson said, resting her head against his shoulder. Tom kissed the crown of her head with a small smile.

"Why don't we go home, baby?" He asked. "Okay," She yawned, but made no effort to move from their spot in front of the glass. "Well.... let's go," Tom chuckled. "Not yet, let's just.... let's just stand here a little longer." He smiled again and noticed the look of adoration on her face as she stared at the young child, her eyes glimmering and her smile wide.

"Okay." He kissed her forehead, and turned his head so they were looking over Elena together.

--------
this was shitty i know i'm sorry.
also, the timeline in all my books is fucked up, so ignore that until i get to editing in december over break!