SIXTY SEVEN ⇢ I LOVE YOU

TOM ABSOLUTELY ADORED HIS JOB

TOM ABSOLUTELY ADORED HIS JOB. There was no question about it, but he also loved his days off. The mornings where he'd lay asleep in bed, Carlson's head tucker into his chest as they lay asleep on the quiet days. Until two tiny pairs of paws would jump up and join them. Carlson was used to it, but Tom hadn't adjusted just yet. When Tessa jumped up she was normally quiet about it. Not the cats, though.

He would groan as they walked along the bed and look down to see his girlfriend still fast asleep, her breathig even and shoulders steady as she slept. He would grin and reach down to pet whichever cat bothered him and wait until Carlson's eyelids began to open slightly.

"You're staring," She muttered one morning in particular. "Well, you're just so pretty how could I not stare?" Tom replied with a grin. Carlson scoffed and rolled over, adjusting her thin black (semi) nightgown. Tom adored that little nightie, which is why she wore it so much.

"Yeah, well, this pretty girl needs a shower. Wanna join?" She looked over her shoulder with a sly grin. "Mm, very tempting. I was thinking I could go get us breakfast instead, yeah?" Tom asked and slid out of the bed himself. Carlson hummed in agreement as she grabbed clean clothes.

He slid behind her and placed his arms around her waist, kissing the underside of her jaw. She smelled like vanilla and coffee, something Tom had grown accostumed to and appreciated. "I'm in the mood for some donuts," Carlson said, and turned her body so she was facing him.

Tom smiled and pressed a small kiss to her nose, "Sounds good to me baby." Carlson giggled when he pecked her lips once, twice, three times before releasing her from his embrace and stepping back. "Be back soon, sweetheart," He said.

"Mmkay. Don't be too long, Arwen gets antsy when you leave." Tom cracked a smile at his girlfriend. "Oh Arwen gets antsy huh?" He teased. "Shush," Carlson winked and made her way to the bathroom. "Be back soon babycakes!" Tom called and closed the door behind him.

"Doofus," Carlson sighed and began to remove her clothes after she shut the bathroom door. She'd always been one for a little bit of privacy, even when seemingly alone. After she stripped she let the hot water run down her back and calm her nerves.

Before she knew it the keys were turning in the front door and the water had gotten cold. Now squeaky clean, Carlson stepped out of the shower and wrapped a fluffy white towel around herself. "Honey, I'm home!" Tom teased.

"Missed you," Carlson replied, suddenly behind him. "Mm." Tom kissed her again gently, sensing suddenly that she was anxious. "Everything okay, love?" He asked and handed the blonde a glazed donut. "Yeah, I just.. I've been pretty anxious lately, I'm not sure why," She bit into the Krispy Kreme goodie and ate it slowly.

"Anything I can do?" He asked. "Hold me?" She asked shyly. "Anytime," Tom replied and closed the box on the couch, laying down on the other vacant side and opening his arms. "Let me change first, goof," She sighed.

"Why? I think you look good in what you have on now," Tom replied cheekily. "You would," Carlson walked towards their bedroom and quickly changed into her clothes. "Perv," She joked and laid down in his arms.

"Hey," Tom said gently, "I love you. Always," He said. "I love you too," Carlson sighed and snuggled into his chest a little more, breathing in the clean smell and letting her eyes close. "Tired?" He asked. "Always. Night babe," She said.

Tom chuckled and rubbed her back. "Night sweetheart," He replied. As she drifted off to sleep Tom ignored the imaginary burning sensation in his pocket from the velvet box that sat waiting to be opened. "Maybe tomorrow," He sighed and closed his eyes, too. He drifted off dreaming of proposals.

------

awww my cute babies. what do you think of the new cover btw?? love it? hate it??