Grieving (Tony Stark x Reader)

He poured his vodka in his cup, staring at the skyline of New York.

Y/N laughed her smile and wrapped her arm around his neck.

His chuckle erupted from his chest as she laughed and giggle along.

She pressed her lips against his, causing their laughter to stop with muffled kisses and grins.

Her pulled her closer and deepened the kiss.

They pulled away, breathless.

Her stared into her eyes, thinking about how he wanted time to freeze.

He raised the cup back to his mouth to realize that his cup was empty.

Like the meaning of his life.

Tony's life is collapsing around him.

Pepper and Happy where concerned when they saw Tony sobbing in the bedroom that he shared with Y/N.

Fury even suspended him from working for a short while.

Media and Paparazzi where clinging to his depression like moths to a fire.

Y/N ran her fingers through Tony's hair and they laid in the night, moonlight pouring through the curtains.

Soft music played in the background as they stared at each other in a comfortable silence.

She talked about the future and how she wanted to travel to different places and talked about where their honeymoon should be.

He replied that he could bring her to all those places tomorrow. Tony told her, smugly that he could make all her wishes come true.

Her soft voice told him that he didn't have to those things for her. She just wanted him to stay right here beside her.

He held up his pinkie and they made the pinkie promise.

Tony threw the glass cup across the room and watch the shattered cup splash across the ground.

His hand reached out to touch the sharp shards, yearning for cuts made across his hand.

A sudden this was heard behind and he saw Pepper looking at him in horror.

Her look of horror reminded him of what he did.

Y/N soft sobs where heard in the room as Tony tried to reach out to her.

"No! P-Please! Leave me alone!" She said, shoving him away.

"Y-Y/N...."

She touched his arm lightly, when she realized what she'd done.

"I'm sorry.... I j-just need time alone." She stammered out.

The soft thud of the door left Tony alone in the room.

Thinking about how he betrayed and scared Y/N.

Tony sat at the edge of the cold room.

The fire crackled in the background as Tony smiled remembering how Y/N always like the room cold. She was never to one for stuffy rooms.

He remembered how he ran out, scared and frantic when he heard that a car crash was just downtown of the stark tower.

Tony's face was streaked with tears as he remembered he pushed past all the police as he saw Y/N's dead body, lying in the pavement, her white tee stained with blood her face looking beautiful as usual.

Tears ran down the windows of the cars parked outside the million dollar mansion that Tony bought.

He watched, numbed, as they carried Y/N to the tabled laid out for her funeral.

Happy held a umbrella for Tony as his eyes followed the casket lowered to the fresh dirt below.

The people slowly disappeared. Eventually, Happy handed Tony the umbrella which he threw on the wet grass.

And Happy left Tony to his silent grieving.

To which he is still grieving to this day.

Grieving his dead lover.

Who watched sadly trying to wipe away his stray tears.

"I love you, Y/N." Tony said, silently crying.

"Don't cry..." Her choked sobs where inaudible to Tony. "I love you."