Dorks (Barry Allen x Reader)

Barry glanced at Y/N giggling at something Cisco said, tightening his fist around the mug.

Caitlyn reached out and touched Barry's wrist, looking at him sympathetically.

Barry sent her a weak smile before sipping up the last of his hot cocoa.

He was beginning to regret asking her to come to their annual Christmas party.

He walked into the empty kitchen, putting the empty mug into the sink, causing a small clutter.

When he turned around, he met concerned e/c eyes.

His mouth took in a sharp intake of breath as he laughed a little.

"You scared me, Y/N." He smiled, glad that she was here.

"Cut the crap, Barry." She said, walking closer. "You seem frustrated."

"Well, I'm anxious for my... Last minute gift." He quickly fibbed.

She frowned. "Look, if you don't want to talk about it, it's fine." She but her bottom lip, crinkling her nose and eyebrows. "But I only just want to help you."

Barry faked a smile, taking her hands into his own, "It's nothing."

She sighed, "If you say so."

He flashed her a smile before leading her back to the party, where dinner was about to start.

Joe was glancing at the clock waiting for his turkeys or finish cooking, Iris already setting up the table and Cisco and Caitlyn were preparing the other dishes, rushing to the kitchen.

Barry walked over to the cups and began helping Iris with the drinks, pouring the wine and other drinks.

When Joe brought the delicious smelling turkey out, everyone chatted eagerly as the food came out.

Barry found himself glancing at Y/N every so often, watching her chat with Eddie.

He tightened his fist as he thought, 'No, I'm not going to lose her to the same guy.'

Caitlyn nudged him, lightly as Y/N talked to him about something.

"—so I'm thinking that I'm going to move to Starling—" she said, her eyes sparkling excitedly.

"What?" Barry yelped, alarmed. "You're moving?"

She smiled, "Yeah, Felicity wanted some help with... Uh, her job." Her e/c eyes glanced at Iris and Eddie, "She said she really needed another girl."

"Don't you think... It's a little to rough over there?" He asked, treading lightly. "I mean, you could get hurt. It more tougher over there."

She rolled her eyes. "It's fine, Barry, besides, I know some stuff."

"Barry's right," Joe said, "I mean, you could always visit."

"I'm actually leaving tomorrow..." She said, weakly.

"What?" Caitlyn said, her eyebrows shooting up.

Barry felt alarm pounding in his brain as dread and anxiety crawled into his veins.

"You're not staying there permanently, right?" Cisco asked.

She gave them all a reassuring look. "I'll be back before you know it."

_____

She was not back yet, and it's only been a month.

Barry couldn't concentrate on anything and earned a whole lot of scolding so from Wells.

Cisco teased him for being so clingy and overprotective when Y/N called and said she found $30 missing from her pocket.

Y/N waved it off, trying hard not to worry her teammates and shot a glare to Felicity when she brought it up.

Now, Barry was counting down the days until she comes back.

In 2 weeks.

Oliver even thought about keeping her there, but Barry strongly objected against.

He knew that she consumed his every thought. Y/N was the first thing he thought of in the morning, and the last thing he thought of when he went to bed.

The called each other a lot. Barry even sent her good morning texts.

She teased him for being like a overprotective boyfriend, not hearing him wishing that he wished he was.

Barry wished he could say the days blurred, but it really was like a YouTube ad, only you can't skip it.

The train rolled up into its stop as Barry glanced around frantically for Y/N.

He finally spotted her h/c head.

Her hair was down, one headphone in, wearing a f/c hoodie and black ripped jeans.

"Y/N!" He called, but she couldn't hear over the people getting off and her loud music.

She was walking around, confused. Her suitcase in hand, she walked off into the opposite direction.

Barry was tempted to use his power and whisk her off her feet and kiss her, fairy tail style, but then remembering that they where just friends. Best Friends. Friend-zoned.

He dodged bodies and grabbed her wrist.

She looked at him, causing butterflies to flutter in his stomach like the effect he forgot for a month.

"Hey." She said, smiling.

"Hey, yourself." He grinned, like the dork he was.

"I missed you." She said, wrapping her arms loosely around his neck.

Barry felt his heart dancing wildly in his rib cage as his breaths began to quicken.

"I missed you, too." He said, breathless. "More than you know."

His arms went around her waist as their noses touched.

The central city subway didn't seem to care as they shared a intimate moment, with fangirl seconds screaming for them to kiss, Aka, Caitlyn and Cisco.

"I thought about a lot of things when I was gone." She admitted, "I saw some things that reminded me of us."

"Like what?" He asked, staring at her lips.

She drew in a deep breath, they could hear each other's breath pounding.

"I really would.... I would like to be more and just friends." She said, looking down, nervously.

Barry stared at her, then slamming his lips into hers, they kissed.

Their bodies pressed against each other in the cold subway of Central City, some people passing by with a disgusted or 'aww' expression on their face.

"You don't know how happy I am that you made the first move." He breathed.

"Yeah, dork." She scoffed, jokingly, "Let the girl make the first move."

Barry chuckled, "Stop being sexist."

"Just shut up and kiss me." She said, smiling and rolling her eyes.

Barry grinned and obeyed.

And they stood there, kissing and forgetting about the world around them like the dorks they both are.