Chapter 1

You wondered if what you saw was just the drugs in your system. You were injected daily with various drugs. Bakker explained to you that this was to keep you in the right state so that you wouldn't attempt to escape. You had never experienced hallucinations from them before so you assumed that you had been given a new drug. That would also explain why that one girl had rabbit ears.

"The panel in front of the pit. That'll activate the bridge and release me."

After hearing this the girl with rabbit ears ran towards the terminal. In an instant you were overcome with relief as the pain in your aching arms began to disappear as you dropped to the ground. You heard the sound of the bridge once again, followed by footsteps across it. You tried to push yourself up but your legs refused to move.

"Can you get up ?" the girl with rabbit ears asked you.

"I need a sec. I can't move my legs."

"Let me give you a hand."

After saying that she crouched down, put your arm around her shoulder, and helped push you up off the ground. With your arm still around her shoulder she began walking, your legs dragging along the ground as she did. This made you feel pretty helpless.

"You don't have to do this." you protested, your voice weak and tired.You tried moving one of your legs. It twitched slightly. "I could just wait until my legs are fine."

As you both left the bridge the tall and muscular guy took over from the girl. You tried your legs again. To your relief you could move them.

"It's ok. I think I stand on my own."

He let go of you and much to your personal joy you could stand, even of your legs were shaking. You stretched out both your arms and scrunched your fingers, they felt normal again and it was great to be able to move them freely again.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." you weakly praised each of your saviors.

"It was luck that we found you." the girl with the mini-gun said. "Outside the place was pretty trashed so we went in here to take a look around and see what happened or if anyone needed some help."

"We looked at the security cameras and saw you and the horrible things they people here were doing to you." the girl with rabbit ears added.

"Name's Coco by the way." the girl with the mini-gun introduced. "And they are Fox, Velvet and Yatsuhashi." she gestured to each one of them respectively.

"Nice to meet you. I'm (y/n)."

"Think you can walk out of here without any help ?" Coco asked.

"I think so. Wait a sec. What about the guards ?"

"There's hardly any around." Velvet replied.

"Which is odd for a place this big." Yatsuhashi added.

"Saharicus." you whispered to yourself.

"What ?" Coco asked.

"Saharicus. I only heard of it today but I assume it's another one of Bakkers' experiments. It escaped a few hours ago."

"That explains what trashed the place. Must be pretty tough if most of the guards are after leaving to catch it. It's a good thing the nearest town is a few hours away by airship ."

Even though you had no idea what it was, the thought of Saharicus escaping and reaching civilization was worrisome. It could be assumed that security around it was tight, otherwise, as Coco had said, it wouldn't take most of the guards to go out and find it.

"Come on lets get out of here." Coco said.

"I couldn't agree with you m..."

The open door slammed shut. Your heart missed a beat when this happened. Fox rushed to the switch for the door but couldn't.