Chapter 8

"It's incredible." Ironwood commented while he finished circling your transformed state for the fifth time.

"But what exactly is it?" Glynda asked. "I don't think there's anything in all of Remnant like it."

You ignored the ensuing conversation between the two, opting instead to continue practising in your transformed state. in it proved to be the most difficult task. Taking a couple of strides forward was fine, but when it came to walking you struggled, especially when it came to turning. Heaving the bulk of your new form, whether it was a sharp turn or just the smallest shift in direction, resulted in you tumbling to the ground more than once. Admittedly you felt there wasn't enough room in the arena, and it had only been an hour and half since you began practice, you were expecting that you'd be able to move around without problem, given how you were able to win a fight against an Ursa in it, although looking back you realised there wasn't any fancy movement involved on your part.

"(y/n)." Ozpin addressed. "I think that's enough and I'm sure there's something you want to be getting ready for."

Instantly you returned to normal form, your body catching fire signifying the transition into , same as the last time,

"Thanks." you said before walking off.

"Just one thing before you leave." Ozpin began, forcing you to stop. "This creature you can turn into, have you any idea what it is?"

You went over it in your head. You had seen many different animals before in the wild, deer, foxes, badgers, rabbits, and various types of birds. None of them came close to the size of what you could transform into. Yet there was something very familiar about it.

"Can't really say for sure, but I feel like I've seen something like it before. Like maybe I've seen something like it in a book when I was a little kid."

"Very well. You may go now."

"Thanks."

For the first time you walked away from the three without being in an angry mood. That was solely due to what you were leaving to prepare for.

After your alone moment together the previous day, both you and Velvet approached Ozpin about her suggestion to go into the city. He gave his approval, but only under the condition that you take the time for private training sessions, hence the reason you had just spent the last hour and a half in the arena, which was locked off from any student for the duration of the time you spent there. Of course, you weren't thrilled at the thought of it, but knowing that you were getting to spend the rest of the day with Velvet made it easy to tolerate.

You bolted back to your room to get ready, rushing straight into the shower once you were there. From there you got dressed but stopped just as you were about to leave them room. You had never sorted out whether you would meet Velvet at her room, or the other way around. You sat down on your bed to get your bearings on the situation.

"Maybe I should pick her up." you muttered to yourself. "That seems like it's what I should do. Oh crap, aren't I supposed to bring flowers?"

You opened the window behind you and stuck your head out to scan around for any flowers you could possibly pick for her.

"Okay, pick the flowers for her and then straight to her dorm." you stated, exiting the room. As you turned the corner you almost walked straight into someone, jumping back at the last second before you collided.

"(y/n)?"

"Velvet. I was just on my way to..."

"Are you ready to go?"