Chapter 3

You were fuming with anger from what Ironwood had said. Fuelled entirely by anger and instinct you took a heavy step forward, with the intention of inflicting harm with your newfound strength. Before you could even take a second step you came into contact with an unknown force, knocking you back to the ground and making you realise what you were about to do.

"What the hell was that?" you angrily asked.

"Please control yourself." Glynda advised you in a strict, but calm tone, her arm lowering with something you didn't get a proper look at in her hand.

"I'm sorry (y/n)." Ironwood said. "But you're underage with no parents or guardian we can contact. For the time being you are under our responsibility. We cannot in good faith let you out on your own."

"I'm not a little kid." you protested. "And I've been on my own for years."

"We're aware of that. But there's also the fact that we don't know entirely what Bakker's experiment has done to you. It could make you a potential threat to anyone around you."

He came off as condescending to you.

"So keeping me in a school is better?"

"The students here are trained for combat, as are the teachers. If you were a threat they'd be more than capable of keeping things under control."

You gritted your teeth. His words were dehumanising. Ironwood was about to speak until Ozpin cut him off, noticing your anger.

"Please forgive Ironwood for his poor choice of words." he began. "What we really want to do is help you. Think of this as a way for you to understand and find out what Bakker did to you. Perhaps some good may come from it."

That sounded like they wanted to use you for something.

"Why do you even want me here?"

"Ironwood suggested that you go with him back to Atlas. However, I thought it might be better for you to remain here at Beacon and train with team CFVY since you are on friendly terms with them."

You felt compelled to ask them what exactly you were supposed to be training for, but decided against it, thinking that the answer you'd be given would just infuriate you more. You agreed to stay, not that you had any choice in the matter.

"The first chance I get, I'm leaving." you whispered under your breath.

Glynda escorted you out of Ozpin's office, taking you outside of the building you were in, to another building which she explained to you was the dorm building for students. After taking you up to the top floor of the building she finally stopped by a door that was about halfway down the hallway, producing a key from her pocket.

"This will be your room while you're here." she said, handing you the key.

"Thanks." you quietly responded. She then handed you a piece of paper.

"Here is a schedule for my combat class, I've marked the times which team CFVY will be there, those are the times you will be expected to attend. However, you may also attend my class at any other time if you wish, as well as any of the other classes."

"Ok."

"I'll let you settle in then. Remember, if you require help with anything you need only to ask."

She began to walk away, but turned back to say one last thing.

"And don't cause trouble with any of the students." she warned.

"What does she think I'll do?" you thought.

When you entered the room you immediately went straight towards the window and shut the blinds, not even taking a moment to look at the view outside, before throwing yourself on the nearest bed. Lying on the comfortable bed did something to suppress your anger, but not much. After escaping from an agonizing and hellish experience, you were once again imprisoned. At least that's how you saw it.