Chapter 2

Your mind was the first thing to wake up. You wondered if you were dead, something which was terrifying if the unending black void which surrounded you was all that you faced after death. But what was worse was the fact that you had died only seconds after it felt like you were finally free and those four individuals wasted their time trying to save you.

But then a glimmer of hope. You felt something on the palm of your hand, something soft, something that you hadn't felt in a long time, a bed. You were lying in a bed. Your eyes finally opened, greeting you with the sight of a room with multiple beds, illuminated by the light of day. The first thing you did you did was lie there. You had forgotten what it felt like to be in a bed and being in one again brought a pleasant feeling to you.

After about five minutes you sat up. Another thing caught your attention. Next to your bed was a tray of that had some bread and a bottle of water. You assumed that it was for you, given that there was nobody else in the room. You grabbed the bread from the tray and began wolfing it down, not worried about choking. In a matter of seconds, the bread was gone, making you move on to the water. In one large slug of the bottle half of the water was gone from it. You were overcome with satisfaction, unaware that another person had entered.

"Good to see you're finally awake."

You nearly jumped. The voice came from a middle-aged man with tousled silver hair.

"Sorry if I startled you."

"It's fine." you replied. "I guess I'm just a little bit jumpy."

"Well you have nothing to worry about right now. You're perfectly safe here."

"Where exactly is 'here'?" you asked.

"You are currently in the hospital wing of Beacon Academy."

"Academy? Am I in some kind of school?"

"Indeed."

"How long have I been here?"

"Team CFVY brought you here a week ago."

"Team CFVY?" you asked confused.

"Coco Adel, Fox Alistar, Velvet Scarlatina and Yatsuhashi Daichi. They're students here."

"They're students?" you nearly shouted aloud. "What kind of school is this? And I thought seeing a girl with rabbit ears was weird."

"Have you never met a Faunus before?"

"No. I've never even heard of a Faunus before."

"Interesting." he muttered. "Tell me. Is there any way we can contact your family?"

You sunk down at that.

"No. My father died before I was born."

"I'm sorry to hear that. What about your mother?"

"Hell if I know where she is."

"What about any other relatives?"

"Couldn't tell you."

Now you wanted to leave. Although it was unintentional, he had touched on something that upset you. However, you got the feeling that there was more he wanted to talk to you about. You decided to change the topic.

"Wait a sec. Where's team CFVY now?"

"I'm after giving them some much needed time off. They were on a mission that went on longer than expected when they found you. Shortly after they returned they helped deal with a grimm attack in the city."