Chapter 5

The moment you saw the tail, everything else around you seemed to disappear. Velvet, the rest of team CFVY, all the other students and Glynda, nothing they could say or do could get your attention. You were almost paralysed with fear as you watched the fire begin moving up your body until eventually you were covered in flames.

However, they didn't burn, but you did feel pain. It was a pain that felt like every part of your body was slowly being stretched. It forced you to turn your head around, away from the tail. When you looked at one of your hands you saw the fire looked to be completely changing it, making your thumb recede into almost nothing while the rest of your hand was being reformed into one with two clawed fingers. A quick glance at your other hand showed the same thing happening.

The pain quickly became more intense around your face. Fire erupted from it and formed what looked like the snout of an animal. You began screaming from the pain, only for them to be quickly replaced by an animalistic rumbling.

In flash your surroundings changed and you were suddenly looking at yourself in a familiar surrounding. You were in the same forest from the first dream you had. You watched yourself desperately try run away but to no luck. You were stuck to the one spot while fire closed in.

It suddenly dawned on you that those eyes that glared at you in every dream were currently your own eyes. Against your own will you began moving towards yourself. At first you thought it was to help, but it quickly became clear that it was an attack. You approached with heavy footsteps, ready for a strike that never happened.

Before you were even close enough you were back in the arena, down on your hands and knees, and shaking. Pain still surged through your body, but was beginning to stop. The fire had completely extinguished itself, although you could feel some warmth on the seared floor. Any trace of the tail you seemed to have grown was completely gone, along with any other changes to your body that accompanied it.

"What the hell is going on?" you muttered to yourself.

A hand was placed on your back, making you jump slightly. You looked up to its source, Yatsuhashi.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

You looked at him, still frightened from what you had just went through, and unsure how to respond to his question.

"(y/n)!" Velvet called out. You spotted her running towards you, Coco and Fox following behind, while you got up, helped by Yatsuhashi. You heard Glynda dismiss the class while she walked over to you.

"Please tell me someone knows what just happened to me." you said.

"Your semblance." Glynda responded. "Or at least your semblance activating."

You had asked team CFVY about their experiences unlocking their own semblance. Your experience was nothing compared to them. You explained to everyone the whole situation, letting them know of every sensation you felt and coming clean about the dreams you had.

"This is definitely something unusual." Glynda began. "Professor Ozpin will want to know about all of this, especially after hearing about the incident in Professor Port's class earlier. I'll let him know straight away. For now I suggest you go about the rest of the day as normal."

"Straight to my room so."

You said nothing to team CFVY as you left. As you walked to your room your pace slowly began to increase until you were running to it. You locked the door and threw yourself onto one of the beds.

"I have to get out of here."

After a few minutes there was a knock on the door. You remained motionless on the bed and tried to ignore it.