Chapter 7

You had finally gotten what could be considered a proper night's sleep. The recurring dream you'd been having every night was absent, replaced by vivid recollections of the events that had taken place. It was nothing that woke you up and stopped you from going back to sleep. Instead, while reliving every second, you tried to find any semblance of meaning behind everything that happened, if there was any.

Perhaps the thing that bothered you most was how the people, whose care you were supposedly under, would so readily put you in danger. They may have given you their assurance that if things were to get out of hand they would step in but you didn't have the highest opinion of them in the first place, still having a strong distrust from them making you stay at Beacon.

You woke up, confused, irritated, and feeling no better than you would if you had the dream that kept you from falling asleep. What didn't help was the banging on your door.

"(y/n) open up now!" Coco ordered, her voice being heard loud and clear, barely muffled by the door that separated you.

You heaved yourself out of bed and opened it before she could knock it down.

"Good; you're awake."

"Is there an emergency or..."

"You and I need to have a talk now."

She grabbed your arm and dragged pulled you out into the hallway, instructing you to walk with her.

"Is there any reason we can't talk about this in my room? What time is it anyway?"

"It's nearly two o clock."

"I've been asleep all morning?"

"That's not what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Then what..."

"What did you do to Velvet yesterday?"

From the tone of her voice it sounded like Coco was accusing you of doing something terrible to her.

"What are you on about? I didn't do anything to her."

"Then explain why she came back to our room red as a tomato after visiting you yesterday. Did you try something funny with her?"

"Try something funny? No" you replied defensively. "I didn't try anything with her."

"Well something happened between you two."

"Nothing happened. Velvet came into my room to see how I was doing and we hugged; nothing else."

"A hug? That's all that happened?"

"Yes. I got caught up in the moment and my first instinct was to hug her. I didn't know she would act like that."

"So you hugged her, not the other way around." Coco noted.

"I don't see what that has to do with anything."

"You know, you spend a lot more time with her than the rest of the team, and when she was finally able to speak last night, Velvet mumbled something about enjoying spending time with you."

"I like spending time with her too. She's sweet, kind, pretty, she has the cutest smile I've ever seen and..."

You came to a halt once you realised that Coco had stopped several feet behind you, looking at you with an amused smirk.

"Sounds like someone has a crush." she commented.

"W-What?!" you stammered while Coco walked back to you. "That is not the case."