Chapter 12

Before your eyes even opened you could feel the warmth of the sun, accompanied by a pleasant breeze, against your face. You had slept well, something you attributed to Velvet's presence, whether it was true or not. Speaking of such, not feeling her presence in the bed, you reached your arm around the side to put it around her, only for it to touch nothing as you realised you were reaching over the edge. You reached around to the other side, your arm met with the bed.

Sitting up in the bed, feeling something light fall off your face in the process, you opened your eyes to discover your Faunus girlfriend nowhere in sight.

"Velvet?" you called out. A scan of the room revealed none of her clothes or books were in the room, in addition both the curtains and the window were opened. Much to your dismay she had already left, killing last nights hope of having an hour or so to enjoy her sleeping next to you.

Not to worry. You still had tonight to look forward to and the morning after; since it would be the weekend, meaning you could both stay in bed all day if you wanted to.

Turning your attention to the object you felt fall off earlier, a small folded piece of paper. Once you got a closer look you could see many indents on it from someone writing, obviously Velvet.

"Something important." you thought as you unfolded it.

I'm writing this just to say

That you're the best part of my day.

The one thing that I love to do

Is spend all of my time with you.

The dullest days, are all worthwhile

To know you're there to make me smile

And bring about a world of bliss

With just a hug, your touch, or kiss.

I'm writing this for you to see

That you mean the world to me.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

"Marry her." you ordered yourself. "Marry her the first chance you get."

As you were leaving the bed in order to get changed you remembered there was somewhere you were supposed to be, your meeting with Belle. You had no idea what time it was, again you had hoped you would be up before Velvet.

Jumping out of the bed you haphazardly threw on your clothes before rushing out the door, not before taking Velvets little poem and refolding it to put in your pocket. Maybe you were lucky and she hadn't arrived at the spot yet, but the opposite was more likely to be true.

Sure enough Belle was already waiting for you.

"Good morning." She greeted.

"Did I keep you waiting long?" you asked.

"Not at all." she assured.

"Want to take this outside where it's quieter?"

"Sure."

She followed you into the courtyard until you found a suitable place to sit at in the form of a bench.

"I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing this for us. My teammates as well."

"Well you did offer to pay me?"

"I should've guessed." she chuckled. "You did light up when I mentioned it."

"Can you blame me?"

"I guess I can't."

"It'll come in handy. I might finally be able to treat my girlfriend to a proper dinner and not one of those bland cafeteria meals. Or at the very least get some treats for us to enjoy while we're in my room."