Prologue - Hurt .

Authors Note: T.I. is not her step-dad in this story. Anywho, I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, November 14
5:30 pm

I stared at myself in my full-length mirror. I felt disgusted and useless. The voices from the bullies at school ran through my head.

"You're a hoe!" One says

"Fat ass!" Shouts another.

I palm my face as my body erupts in tears. After a few moments of quiet sobbing, I looked up at my mirror once more.

"Fat bitch!" I yelled at my reflection "You are a slut!"

I threw a punch at the glass mirror and it instantly shattered. I slowly slid down my bathroom wall to the floor and weeped and weeped until I cried myself to sleep.

-----

Monday, November 15
9:15 a.m.

I arrived to school early as usual and made my way to my locker- head down, hoodie up to hide my face.

"Zonnique!" Someone yelled.

I ignored them and kept walking to my locker.

"Zonnique!" The voice yelled again.

This time I turned around out of sheer annoyance.

"What?" I said.

But, instantly I regretted saying anything-or turning around for that matter. I saw that it was Janae and her "crew". They don't like me for no reason. Then again no one in this city liked me.

"Aye, look y'all! The fat slut speaks!"
Everyone erupted in laughter. I don't know what causes them to do this to me. I never talked about anyone-or to anyone. God, what did I do to deserve this? Why do you put me through this?

I felt a teardrop roll down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away before anyone noticed. While they were still laughing, I got my things for my first period. I had math with Mr. Taylor.

I usually was a good student but when I moved here, everything changed. I started getting bullied, my step-dad raped me, my mom died of breast cancer.

I have no one.

I started to feel queasy in the middle of class

"Mr. Taylor." I said

"Yes?"

"May I be excused from class? I don't feel too good."

"What's wrong?" Janae said "Eat too much, this time?"

I ignored her and walked toward the empty halls to my locker and retrieved the pink and blue box from my backpack. I walked quickly across the hall to the bathroom.

I went into the biggest stall meant for disabled students. I opened the box and followed the instructions.

A few minutes later, the device beeped. The results shocked me so much that I fell on the floor and sobbed.

This can't be real. I thought to myself.

I heard footsteps in the restroom.

"Are you alright?" a soft voice appeared.

I ignored the voice and kept crying. The stall door flew open because I didn't lock it.

"Why are you crying?" she asked.

I couldn't open my mouth to speak. She examined the stall with careful eyes, her pink hair falling in her face.

When she caught sight of the pink and blue box, her facial expression changed. She looked saddened. She grabbed my hand and pulled mebup into a hug. It felt good to have someone hug me. Even if it was a complete stranger. I haven't had a hug in months.

"I'm sorry." she whispered.

When she let go, I turned my attention back to the tube I had been holding. I stared at the plus sign.

Lord, how could this be. I thought.

I'm Zonnique Jailee Pullins and I'm sixteen, pregnant, and hurt.

****

What Yall Think Of The First Chapter ?