Chapter Nine

Zonnique Pullins~

Me and Breaunna waited in the waiting room for Bahja to come out. She had been back there atleast an hour now and we were both beginning to get worried. I hope it's nothing bad. Bahja is my only friend I've had in years and I love her to death. I pray there's nothing wrong.

"So um," Breaunna said, taking me away from my thoughts, "How long have you and Bahja been friends?"

"Well, only for a few months but we're really close. Almost like sisters." I answered.

"Oh okay." She replied

"So, why did you move from Alabama?" I asked Breaunna.

"I moved here mainly for college but also to pursue my dream of being a dancer and rapper."

"You rap?" I asked, shocked.

She smiled. "Yeah."

"Can you freestyle?" I asked, intrigued and anxious to hear her rap.

She giggled at that. "Sure.....Mic check one, mic check one two-uh , I can't see nothin you invisibooh, my whole crew stunting , what is you gon do ?...."

As she was rapping, Bahja came back in the waiting room, crying.

Bahja Rodriguez ~

I was still in complete and utter shock. And on top of that I still have to find a way to tell Nique. This is gonna be hard. Real hard.

I walked over to where she and Breaunna were sitting. My tears fell harder as I got closer. As soon as Zonnique saw me, she jumped up.

"Bahja, are you okay?" She hugged me tight.

"I-i h-have Pancreatic C-cancer." I stuttered.

"I'm so sorry to hear that." Breaunna said, hugging me as well.

At that moment, I felt loved. Needed. Wanted. Supported. That was something I never experienced before. And it felt good to have all this support.

"T-thanks guys." I said "Thanks for being here for me."

They both smiled.

"Anytime, Bahj." Nique said.

"Even though I just met you, I'm a new friend of yours. I will support you and have your back through anything. You can call me anytime to talk or just chill and I'll be here for you. We got your back Bahj." She said as she typed her number in my phone.

I smiled. "Thank you so much."

"Anytime." She said.

"Oookkaaaayyy," Nique said impatiently "Can we leave now? I'm starving."

Bre and I laughed and gathered our things and headed out the hospital, arm in arm. Like true sisters.

~~~~~~~

So, tell me whatcha think about this chapter! Comment and vote. 😘😘👌👌