Chapter five

Bahja Rodriguez

I sat in silence in Nique's car. I don't know what to make of this. What if I am pregnant? What will I do? I don't have a job, how am I going to take care of it.

I look over at Nique and see her looking intently at the road.

"Nique?"

She looks over at me "What's up, suh?"

"Can you take me to the clinic, please? I have to know."

"Are you sure, Bahj?"

"I'm positive."

"All right. But, Imma tell you now...whatever happens happens and I'm here for you."

"Thanks soo much, Nique. That means alot." I said teary-eyed.

Nique made a u-turn toward the clinic. Im not gonna lie, I'm scared as hell.

Soon, we were pulling up into the parking lot of the clinic. We parked and got out.

"You ready?" Nique asked.

"I think so."

She gave me a reassuring smile and we walked into the clinic.

I walked to the receptionist desk, while Nique walked to the waiting area.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The woman asked, her nametag read Breaunna. She had long, black hair and she looked like she could be about Nique and I's age.

"Yes. I'm here to get a pregnancy test." I whispered.

"Well, alright. I'm going to need you to fill these papers out and bring them back when you're finished." She explained.

I nodded my head and walked back to where Nique was and started to fill out the papers.

Once I was finished, I walked back to the receptionist desk and gave Breaunna the papers.

"Thank you. The doctor will be right with you." She said with a smile.

"Alright."

I went back to sitting with Nique.

"Nique, I'm scared." I admit

"Don't be. It's gonna be okay."

"Bahja Rodriguez?" A lady with a white lab coat called.

"Yes." I say standing and walking towards her.

"Are you ready?" she asks.

I nod and follow her back into the cold room.

I listened and nodded intently as the doctor explained the whole precedure.

I did as I was told to do for the test and waited while she took my liquid for testing (a/n I tried not to make it disgusting).

I waited for about twenty minutes when she came back.

"Bahja, I have your results...."

*****

what yall think?