Chapter seven

Bahja Rodriguez

"Cancer? W-what you mean cancer?" Nique stuttered.

"The doctor brought me back my results and told me that I'm not pregnant but they did find cancer cells in my urine..." I said trying to hold back tears.

"Oh my gosh, Bahja. Noo." She gasped "Did anyone else in your family have cancer?"

"I don't know. I never really been around my dad's side of the family and my mama died when I was born and her side of the family didn't want me because I was born in an affair."

"Oh my gosh, Bahja. I'm soo sorry." Nique said

"It's okay. It's not your fault."We hugged each other "The doctor recommended that I go to the hospital and get a second opinion on the cells." I say

"Alright, lets go then, suh."

We walked out of the clinic but we were stopped by a voice.

"Wait!" I turned around to see it was the Receptionist Breaunna.

"Wassup?" I asked

"I was wondering if I could come with you to make sure everything was alright. I heard about the news and I wanted to see if I could help at all." She asked, her southern drawl coming out. YOu could tell she wasn't from Atlanta.

"Sure, thats cool with me." I say

"Me too." Nique replies.

"Okay. Let me just get my coat and my purse and I'll be right out."

She rushes back into the clinic to get her things.

"She seems cool." Nique says, breaking the silence.

"Yeah."

Breaunna comes out with her things and we all pile into Nique's car.

We learned that we have alot in common with Breaunna. She's real cool and she even goes to Grady. I never noticed her there. But, she is a year older than me and Zonnique so that's probably why.

We talk the whole way to the hospital about the randomest things and Bre is actually funny. She told us that she isn't from Atlanta but from Alabama. She's nice. I like having her around.

We pull up to University Hospital and pray before we walk in.

"Dear Heavenly Father,

Me, Bahja, and Breaunna come to You in this time of need. We would like to ask you to cover and protect Bahja while she gets a second opinion from these doctors. Please let her be well. In Jesus Christ's name we pray. Amen" said Zonnique.

We walked hand in hand in the hospital. Like sisters.

I walked to the receptionist desk once again, only to be notified that the doctor from the clinic had sent over my records. I walked back to where Breaunna and Zonnique were sitting and waited.

"Bahja Rodriguez?" A male voice called.

I walked over to him. Here goes nothing.

I walked into yet, another cold room and sat on the little bed that they have.

"Bahja, I have good news and bad news..."

****

Another cliffy .. lol I'm so evil .