Chapter 19 - Surprise Part Two

Roc Royal~

I'm speeding down the highway with Bahja, Breaunna, Anwesha, Sandra and Natasha. The only thing that's running through my head is: Does she remember me? Does she remember anything at all?

I pulled into the hospitals parking garage and parked on the level where Zonnique's floor was. I let out a heavy sigh.

"Y'all let's pray before we go in here." I said while grabbing Bahja And Breaunna's hand while Bahja held Sandra's and Bre held Natasha's. We all bowed our heads and closed our eyes. And I started to pray.

"Dear Heavenly Father,
We come to you with heavy hearts and weakened souls.
Right now we need your strength. Your courage. Your wisdom.
We pray tonight that our beloved Zonnique is okay and in her right mind.
Please let her be okay.
In Jesus Christ's name we pray. Amen."

Everyone said their Amen's and we got out of the car and walked into the hospital.

I have a crazy feeling about this.

Zonnique~

I lay in the hospital in complete and utter pain. I can't get up. Can't walk. Can't do shit. I let out a groan.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard a soft knock at the door. I hurried and covered myself completely just in case it was Jamal again.

"Wh-who is it?" I called out.

Then I heard his voice. His soft, sweet, melodic voice. Roc. "Baby? I-it's me, Santo. Can I come in."

"Come in." I said shakily, trying to hold back tears.

I watched as him, Bahja, Breaunna, Sandra and Natasha all walked in. They were all staring at me. Like I was some alien from Mars or something. I didn't like the feeling of that. I cleared my throat. And that seemed to get everyone's attention.

Bahja broke completely down. I had never seen her like this. I motioned for her to come closer. She did as she was told and laid her head on my chest, crying. I rubbed her hair softly.

"Shh Bahja. I'm okay."

I'm okay. I thought to myself.

IM OKAY.

Thank God, I'm okay.

*****

What y'all think ? Comment & vote.

Xoxo, KiyaLovesYou