1. Trust??

The moment when the extreme amount of happiness knocks at your heart but you still can't acknowledge it coz you are busy burying your past out there.

NANDINI'S POV

"her mother" ....."her sister"......"her brother"..."her whole family"......"in honor of my beloved wife"...

The words kept ringing in my mind and what shook me more was, these words coming out of Manik s mouth. He stood up!

For ME!

He took MY stand and fought for ME.

Nobody has ever made me feel so special, so important, so wanted, my heart was fluttering with joy, the happiness I was experiencing right now, the elation of being in a family, having a family of my own and moreover the amount of respect I was feeling for that guy standing right in front of me, just could not be measured. But soon that bliss was replaced by guilt, what am I doing? What am I hiding? is it the right thing to do? This family gave me so much of love and all I am giving them is betrayal. I never had experienced such amount of pure love I was getting here in this family, this indeed has made me insecure and selfish, honestly, I wouldn't have cared that much had it been about maa's love or mukti's affection but Manik..? what about his trust ? Am I selfish enough to break whatever little faith he has on all the good things here?

No , m not

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't notice Manik coming to me and me moving with him. He stopped to look at me; perhaps was searching for right words to begin. I know what he wanted to ask so without wasting any of our time and his energy I said.

"I'm fine,....thank ..y..you." finally I looked up to see his face.

"whatever ! I didn't asked for it ! woh ..woh..dhruv.haan dhruv...was there so that's why all that.."

He said all this while looking everywhere but me and I had to fight this strong urge to roll my eyes and countering back, reminding him how Dhruv had left in front of them only, but decided against it to stop making it more awkward.

"you stay here! I will just come" he just hastily said and left while I just sighed in relief but no sooner he had left.

My mind started drifting back to those thoughts I never wanted to pay attention to.

MANIK'S POV

As soon as we were alone Manik part two came in action. Yes, Manik part two , coz whenever I am with her I am no longer Manik Malhotra, the biggest mafia of Auckland, the reason of fearful minds and sleepless, scary nights of many. The Manik with her knows how to stammer, how to be nervous, how to search for words to give explanation and cherry on the top with no matter how much I deny,

How to blush too PERFECT just PEERFECT!

I know she was too jumbled up that moment. Her eyes depicted how much it meant to her, it was beyond happiness it was respect, it was the longing that came to an end that has been there for years. But there was something else too, which I couldn't really point out to, but that surely disturbed her a lot. As much as I would like to know about it, I have to put these thoughts to an end, this is leading to a very dangerous territory, the territory that has no place for me to go back to.

Finally after lot of jerking and shaking my mind off the thoughts or to be precise off Nandini I made my way back to see some of our guests. When Soha walked up to me.

"hey Manik! Where have you been?" she asked

"nothing ..umm.. was just attending few special guests." I replied with serious expressions. Soha has always been one of the few people who can read me if not fully, atleast considerably, and honestly I am not in a mood to answer any of her questions when even I am not clear OF WHAT I WANT.