8. Answers? or more questions?!

"Excuse us, for a while."
Manik asked the gorgeous man in front of him, to which he politely complied.

I stood there, trying to make out if I should thank this man here or not, but didn't realize he had already left in between my internal debate.

And now it was me and Manik sir alone, suddenly all my confidence and zeal to demand answers went flying out the window. Infact ,now I was trying to gather ,why exactly I am here?

"Uhmmm, you needed something?" He was the first one to broke silence, his tone was like he just wanted me to leave immediately ,and was trying his best to sound rude.

"Yes, I do."
My confident ,demanding tone made his head snap to my face from his ever - interesting laptop.

Yeah! Take that! You can't run this time Mr. Mafia.

"Ohk! And what exactly do you need so urgently that you had to disturb me? You could've asked......"

"Answers!"
I cut him off before he could make it more difficult for me.

"Answers?! What do you mean?" He asked apprehensively, faking his innocence , still not looking in my eyes.

"Look at me, Manik." And I don't know if it was my straight forward demand or the sound of his name, that made him turn and look straight in my eyes.
And I cursed myself for this demand! How am I supposed to control with his eyes concentrated on me!?

Focus! Nandu focus! Remember his behavior! You need to know the reason! You need to know what he is hiding! Come on!

Giving myself some self-encouragement I firmed my posture and headed back where I left.

"I need to get some straight answers, and yes, you exactly know what I am talking about, so please cooperate.

I am your legally wedded wife sir, though we have entirely different personal equation ,I at least deserve this much, don't I ?"

I hated how my voice had that sad, disheartened note at the end.
I saw his expressions softening a bit, but didn't miss the spark as I spoke of me as his wife, and taking at as a cue I continued.

"First of all, why are you ignoring me?"

Straight to the point.

"No, I am not."
Was his hesitant reply.

"Please do not feed me that 'nothing' bullshit all over again. I am not going to believe this anymore.

Everything was good suddenly you disappear after that call.
You do not return for two days and then you return midnight, all angry but even then you are totally different from your original self."

Ohk! Now for god's sake do not blush remembering that night ! Please don't! OK that's a light tint of red ,but please not any more! Yes, that's a small smirk on his face, but that's not you are supposed to notice, so shut up n Come to the topic !