17. Blast from the past.

After one and a half hour of torturous wait, finally I heard the sound I was looking for.

His soft snores, indicating he is in his deep sleep.

I gently and sneakily untangled myself from his large arms, and was yet again reminded of our position, semi- naked and close, very very close.
He stirred in his sleep and I cursed him mentally for being such a nosy sleeper tonight, aise toh Ghode beech k sota h ,but nhn aaj janaab ko neend kaise aayegi.

I bit my lip ,as I realised the implications of my words.
Though, not wasting another second I quickly came out of his hold and grabbing my shirt from the corner of bed ,tip- toed far from him ,towards the direction and the sight that had every inch of my senses high and running with anxiety from past one hour.

It was just the moment we were about to sleep ,that I saw something unusual in the room. And as I focused a bit , I knew it is not the usual wrong, it is the dangerous kind of wrong here.
Sleep was faraway from my eyes ,first a passionate encounter with Manik and now this....
I am no fool to not to understand that this is because of Aahil.

I knew he would follow us, but he would come personally ,that is not something I expected.

And to be honest the thought scared me ,I wasn't prepared for this.
I don't know what is going on in his mind, but I know it is nothing close to good.
Sighing and closing my eyes I opened it again, to see a small box, wrapped up neatly, with his signature A at the end of it, something that he always loved doing, signing off parcels with his initials, kept neatly on the side bed stand.

I was suddenly thankful that Manik is drunk. But the thought of Aahil keeping it in open for Manik to see was disturbing and terrifying.

Manik's bare chest moved against my skin and instead of being embarrassed about what happened earlier, I blushed and moved closer to him, my own little escape from the harsh thunderbolts of my past. His rhythmic heartbeats, warm skin and perfect huge body were my shield and motivation. I recalled all his words from earlier and like a bucket of ice cold water it calmed my inner fire.

I don't know when am I going to get an amazing chance as this ,so I practically pasted myself onto him and I bet I heard him in taking a harsh breath.
He further tightened his hold around me, his head in my hair and mine in his neck.
I clung onto him like my life depended on it and remained in the same position for I don't care and I don't remember ,how long.

For this fight I needed strength, and shamelessly and proudly admit that this guy, who will probably kill me at the end of this battle, is my strength.

I stood with the box in my hand all unwrapped, in the attached balcony way from his sleeping form, and looked carefully to further confirm the reason of my rising heart beats and pulsating blood in veins ,my heart just dropped down to my stomach as I saw my worst fears coming true.

There, laid in front of me was a poorly stitched head of a dilapidated stuffed clown.
And as I looked closer to see what it actually is.

Sweat beads started forming on the flat of my temple ,as without even realising my hands and lips started quivering.
I shut my eyes tight.

Don't think about it.

Don't go there.

Just don't!!!

Noooo!

This isn't supposed to go like this. I moved on from it long ago. He can't control me like this. My mind was struggling hard to push back the storm I have managed to keep locked for good.