4. Impending affairs

Nandini's POV

ONE WEEK ! It's been one whole week! And there's absolutely no improvement in Manik's weird behavior.
From,confrontation to ignorance,
I have tried every possible way to make him speak what actually is he up to these days. Trust me his mood swings are worse than any pregnant woman described in daily soaps n fictions.
God know how would he manage when I will be......

Stop there!!

Aiyyoo!
Shut up Nandu !!
Kuch bhi soch rahi h !

I scolded myself for even paying attention to such thoughts. But couldn't help a blush creeping on my face .
But again my thoughts were broken by realization of our harsh reality.

I don't know where this whole relationship thing is leading to.

Honestly, the day I had a "talk" with Alya , I thought my be we can actually start taking steps for this relation but now , I just don't know !! I feel so clueless .
His behaviour after that phone call and behaviour now from past one week is still poking my head to be figured out .

I still remember that night ........

Flashback

After having a hearty lunch both of us were heading out to the parking as Manik has cancelled his plans for today after the high voltage drama plus the drugs the bitch gave him was taking a troll on him.
And I was assured of the same when he complimented me after lunch and that too without stammering , or any shade of arrogance but a big genuine smile .
It actually took couple of minutes for me to come up the shock .

And since then he has this peaceful look on his face and surprisingly a small smile too.
I don't know if that's for the lunch or something else.

Just as we were walking silently ,soaking into each other's presence, his phone rang breaking the silence. He nodded at me before he moved a bit aside to attend it .

I kept walking forward with a happy and contended heart , I seriously couldn't believe what I did before ,
I stood up!
Damn !

The girl who never reported a single word for herself , stood up , in fact fought , slapped and insulted the person who tried to malign her relationship with her husband .
May be that's the power of wedlock.

And I exactly knew what gave me this courage .... Manik !

Speaking of him I realized if he got done with his call. I turned to call him, but he seemed really engrossed in his call and all that jolliness is long gone from his face and instead there was furious version of him and a tensed one too, perhaps the more Manik -like version he was shouting some instructions over phone  and when his eyes fell on me , he paused for a second and cut the call be came in front of me , held my hand and kept dragging me.

I, knowing he is really mad this time,  just kept following him.
He reached our car pushed me inside firmly ,closed the door, and turned to face the driver.

"I want her home as soon as possible and yes absolutely safe and sound.
Remember, once you start the car here DO NOT STop it no matter what happens !"

Okay! This is getting creepy now !

Well! Hello! I am here too !

And just when I was about to interrupt ...

"And you are not going to utter a single word! Just follow my instructions and that's it!"
In a matter if seconds he faced me as if already knowing I am all ready with my whole missile of questions .

His words held such a firmness I couldn't do anything but just nod my head in a weak movement with a cute expression, and may be for a second I thought something flashed in his eyes but before I could even point it was gone.
,..................