Chapter 8 Lost Mam

A breeze stirred and the tang of salt water filled the air. Seagulls sat up in trees and on the sand,and near the water. Ella sat up, sand stuck to her hair, she was laying on the sand. A hand moved in front if her face. It was the pilot, offering to help her up. She took the hand.
     "You hit your head really hard last night. We better start considering everything for survival." The pilot steadied her.
    Ella giggled, "Survival of the fittest?" She closed her mouth quickly. "I'd rather try and find something first. That can be our last resort." She laughed again.
    Ella went to find any sort of fruit or food and the pilot checked bodies and the plane for any preserves. He found are large yellow raft that must have deployed itself while the plane crashed. He grabbed that and laid it over one side of a fallen tree. It worked as a makeshift roof and place to sleep. He then dug a small hole.
    "Whatcha doin now?" She tilted her head as she walked up to him holding mangos and other colorful fruit like things.
     The pilot looked at her. Then stood up. She heard an unzipping noise. She turned around and walked away. A man just... ugh! She shook the thought away.
     She found the fallen tree and upside down raft. She grabbed a bunch of long leaves and laid it down covering the sand. She also found some soft grasses and put those on one side of the makeshift sleeping place. She then sank her teeth into a mango and settled down for the night. The pilot crouched down in the doorway.
     Ella's eyes shown," Uh no, Your a big strong man and I'm a vulnerable little girl."
     The pilot rolled his eyes and continued to come in. Ella stuck out a hand. "One night Miss-"
     "-It's mam!" Ella pointed a sharp nail at his throat.
     The pilot sighed, "Mam... I assure you it will only be this one night. Plus you might need me because we don't know if there is anything dangerous."
    Ella looked down at the leaves in the floor. "One night pilot. Don't try anything smart."
     The pilot just smirked and laid down on the opposite side of the makeshift sleeping area.

    Ella woke up the next morning. Nothing happened. She looked across the sleep area. The pilot was facing the raft shivering. Ella had a jacket. She sighed took it off and laid it over his torso. He shifted and turned his head.
     "Why?" He said.
     Ella blinked. "You kept your word." She headed out the entrance.
      The rays of sunlight greeted her. She raised an arm to her forehead and looked at her surroundings. Three days. Three days in this place. Three days without society. And three days Kyra has been lost.