my angel ✈ clifford.

My Angelone

--

I wince as I chug the glass of vodka, my throat burning instantly. 

“Who needs Brad?”

“Not me, I don’t need that jerk. I can’t believe he cheated on me with Wendy, she’s not even pretty; I mean she looks like a horse.”

The bartender looked over at me, his head shaking from side to side disappointedly at my rambling. 

“What? It’s true she’s got a horse face I swear.” I slur, nodding my head frantically. 

“Give me another drink.” But Steve, the middle aged bartender shakes his head, causing his thin white comb over to shift in a weird position. I slam my fists on the counter,

“Get me one now.” His chest heaves as he sighs deeply, giving me a hesitant nod.

“Fine, but this is your last one, you’re underage – you shouldn’t even be drinking any of this, I’m doing you a favour cause’ your dad’s a good mate.”

“Alright, whatever just get me the god damn drink, Steve.” I spit, rudely and he scurries off grab the liquor, filling it to the brim. 

I’m half way through my drink when a boy plonks himself beside me. I stare intently at his long-ish cotton candy pink hair. He was quite beautiful – I was enjoying my stare until his lips start moving. 

“What?” I ask and his perfect lips curl into a smile, a small chuckle escaping his mouth.

“I was going to buy you a drink, but it seems you’ve clearly had enough.” He repeats, a smirk plastered on his cleanly shaven face, his gorgeous green eyes glimmering.

“How considerate, but I can get myself a drink.” I snap and turn my attention back to my half full glass, chugging it down and squeeze my eyes shut as the liquid flows. 

“Steve give me another glass.” 

“No Cass you’ve had enough.”

“STEVE!”

“Cass, no.”

“Please just give me another glass.”

“That was your last glass, just go home Cass.”

“FINE. 

You suck.

 I hate you Steve.” I spit and walk out the door. I sit outside, my back leaning against the wall. How the hell am I going to get home? Maybe I could just drive; it’s not that far…

“C’mon get in, I’ll drive you home.” The hot boy from inside the bar says from his car. 

“No thanks, I’ll walk.” I slur and start walking, stumbling occasionally, with the boy driving alongside me.  

“You can barely stand up straight, c’mon.” he insists, opening the car door. 

“Fine, but there’s one rule.” I say, hesitantly and sigh.

“And what’s that?” he replies, smirking.

“Don’t rape me.” He bursts out laughing before nodding and reaching out his hand to pull me up to his huge monster of a car.

There was a comfortable silence until of course this boy had to ruin it.

“So your names’ Cass? That’s a pretty name.” He says, offering me a smile.

“Thanks, I’d say your name but you haven’t told me so –“ 

“Michael. My name’s Michael.” He replies, muttering the last part embarrassed at his sudden outburst and I giggle, god he’s attractive. 

~~~

“Okay Cass, so what’s your address?”

“Oh wow that rhymed, what a G.”   I say proudly, laughing to myself, but when I look over at the girl beside me, I realises she’s asleep – her light blue hair sticking to her forehead and her slightly parted lips made her look even cuter. 

“To my house, it is.” 

--

 [ ©  HOELIDAYS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS WORK CONTAINS MATERIAL PROTECTED UNDER THE INTERNATIONAL FEDERAL COPYRIGHT LAWS AND TREATIES. NO PARTS OF THIS STORY SHOULD BE REPRODUCED IN ANY FORM WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR, HOELIDAYS. ]