sixteen

+ sixteen +

"Hey Cass!!

It's me Michael, oh my god I'm sure you could tell that, I'm a loser hahah, anyway I just wanted to tell you I love you so so so much and I hope you have a super rad day at school because you deserve it. Don't let those cows convince you you're anything less than perfect ok. Tell them to shut up because you're dating a super hot band member and that's more than they could ever accomplish in their lives so hA yeah!! Okay I should probably go, got sound check now, but remember I love you lots okay I'll talk to you later love you my angel bye!!!"

I grinned to myself like a complete fool as I listened to the message Michael left me on voicemail for the second time, my cheeks surely a rosy shade of pink by now. Though I couldn't help but feel a little annoyed with myself that I wasn't awake when he sent that message, we could've spoken but no as a result of lovely timezones (note the sarcasm) while he was most probably wide awake, I was fast asleep. Don't get me wrong, we were still talking daily, except most of the time it was just texting and that sucked. We'd spoken on the phone four times over the two weeks he's been gone, which when you thought about it was pretty good considering he had to stay up till like three in the morning just to talk to me when I returned from school.

I rolled out of bed, huffing loudly because school is the last thing on my mind at the moment. I was on my period and all I wanted was to have Michael be all cuddly and sweet next to me and rub my tummy to comfort me, what I didn't want though was to be sitting through seven hours of boring old people tell me that my best isn't enough for them.

✧✧

The next two months consisted of me being drowned in school work and being incredibly unhappy. Michael and I had barely been able to talk and lately anytime we would get the chance to, my mum would either interupt me and tell me to go to sleep or the boys would tell him he had to go. It honestly sucked so bad and I was getting really sad about the whole situation; I even had thought maybe it would've been better if I never had gone to that supid bar in the first place. I was really losing hope in whatever it was that we had.

As soon as the bell rung and my math teacher dismissed us from fourth period, I scooped up my bag from underneath my feet and slung it over my shoulders promptly before pushing my way through the crowd. It was muggy and uncomfortably hot outside and no matter how many times I tried to convince myself it wasn't that hot, the hotter it became. I brought a dainty hand to my head and scooped up all of my hair before securing it in a messy ponytail making me exhale satisfyingly. There must've been a ditch in the footpath because the next thing I knew, I had lost my balance and was being pushed onto some other person.

"Oh I'm sorry, that was my f--" I start but that small chuckle I know all too well causes me to snap my head up a little too fast. Michael. Michael Gordon Clifford. Immediately I jump, my legs wrapping around his waist as he fastens his arms there for support.

"I. Missed. You. So. Much." He whispered in between kisses making me giggle. I bury my face in the crook of his neck, engulfing his scent as if I would never see him again. I tried to slip down, so I could stand upright and see him properly, but Michael would not budge one bit.

"Just give me a minute. I've missed you so much you have no idea." He admitted, giving my shoulders a squeeze. Once he let go of me and we made small talk, both of us far too overwhelmingly happy to say anything, I said I was hungry and of course, Michael wasted no time dragging us to the nearest icecream parlour.

"I'll have two scoops of the--" I started, swaying mine and Michael's entertwined hands but he cut he me off quickly, an adorable smile etched on his face.

"Chocolate-chip mint; I remember." I couldn't help the smile that came over my face, I don't know why but the fact he simply knew my favourite icecream flavour made me feel all warm and giddy inside.

"I told you I'd come back to you Cass, I love you remember?" He asked, gazing down at me while the lady behind the counter retrieved our Icecream scoops. I only nodded and gave his hand a tight squeeze making him smile, sometimes words don't need to be spoken to prove a point; Michael and I loved each other and even though I was young and he was famous, he was still that adorable dork and I knew we would find a way to make this all work.

THE END

A/N

don't know if anyone even reads this story anymore but there you go. It's finished and I hope you somehow enjoyed the happy ending. xx