ten

Ten

--

“Are we there yet?” I whine causing Michael to chuckle. I smooth out the crease in my black dress before my fingers comb through the ends of faded blue hair. We were currently driving to wherever Michael was taking me and anytime I would ask where we were going he would say, “It’s a surprise Cassandra.” This made me groan loudly, because I absolutely and utterly hated when people would call me my full name.

“Nearly.” He answered simply, smirking, he knew it would only frustrate me, and I groaned.

“You’ve said that a billion times!” I complained and he laughs.

“Yet you still keep asking, don’t you?” His husky voice spoke, making me roll my blue eyes before running a hand through my tousled hair. My thoughts wander a little and I wonder, was he taking me out for a fancy dinner? He did tell me to where something nice or maybe he was taking me to the movies? That brings back memories, from when we first kissed; gosh that kiss was beautiful…

“We’re here.” His voice causes me to jump, my heart stopping and he laughs.

“It’s not nice to scare people you know.” I say, eyeing him and his bottom lip forms an adorable pout.

“I’m sorryyy.” He drags out and I nod, laughing as dismiss him. I get out of the car, straightening out my dress again for what seemed like the millionth time in the past hour before looking out. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, it wasn’t too hot nor too cold, there was a lovely breeze flowing through the crisp air. There laid a red mat on the green grass, with three boxes of pizza, chips and some drinks. The edges of the mat were candlelit, providing an orange glow, lighting up the gloomy sky.

“Sorry it isn’t really fancy, I – “ He starts but I wave my hand in the air, cutting him off.

“No one’s ever done anything like this for me Michael, it’s beautiful, thank you.” I say, beaming a smile and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. He was a lot taller than me, but it just felt right, I felt right in his strong arms. When our bodies were pressed together it was magical. And when his arms find their way to my waist after a few seconds my stomach did flips. When we pulled away, both our faces bright red and I had never felt giddier in my life.

I take a seat on the pretty mat and take a slice of pizza from the box and begin eating with Michael making small talk.

“That was good pizza.” He says, patting his stomach and I can feel the corners of my mouth tugging into a smile. I loved how his eyes always looked so green and glimmer, I wish my eyes were that beautiful.

“It was.” I say and toss the pizza boxes to the side of the mat, being careful not to place them on top of the candles for obvious reasons. We both lay on our backs on the ground, facing the sky.

“Do you ever wonder what your future wife is doing right now?” I ask softly, wondering aloud, It was something I had always thought about. Like had I already met them? Were they on the other side of the world; who knew?

“I don’t need to.” He replied and I rolled over on my side so I was facing him directly, my eyebrows furrowing together in confusion.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, she’s right here beside me.” He answered simply, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, a small smile tugging at his cherry red lips. 

not edited

you're welcome

bye