twelve

Twelve

--

“So there’s a slight chance you may get mobbed by a bunch of teenage girls.”He adds rather quickly and my eyebrows knit together.

“Michael are you serious? Is this some kind of a joke?” I say, my voice rising at the end and I can feel my cheeks growing hotter. He looks at me, a mixture of anger and guilt written over his face.

“No I’m not kidding? Do you think I would joke about something like this?” He asks, staring straight at me.

“Why wouldn’t you tell me?!” I ask ignoring his question, my fists clenching.

“You didn’t ask.” He replies and I look at him with an ‘you did not just say that’ expression.

“Well sorry! How was I supposed to know? I cannot believe you Michael.” I snap, narrowing my eyes at him before grabbing my bag and getting ready to jump out the car.

“Cass what is wrong is wrong with you? Why are you getting all snappy? Where are you going, c’mon?!” He says, grabbing my arm trying to pull me away from the door.

“I’d rather walk home than be in this car with you.” I retort, shaking him off me.

“Cassandra you’re being ridiculous.” He says, trying to reason with me and runs a hand through his blonde hair nervously.

“If you call me that one more time, I’m going to lose it I swear.” I reply, pursing my lips together and I hear him sigh. I open the door of the car, trying not to hit one of the idiotic girls at the bottom in the face, although in that moment I wouldn’t mind in the least. I practically jump out of the car, since I was so short and the car was huge, probably a metre drop from the ground.

I huff as I walk inside the shops, girls from the car park following me closely.

“You’re so pretty!”

“Oh my god are you dating Michael?”

“You two are so cute!”

“Can you sign my shirt?”

“Ew you’re so ugly, what does he see in you?”

The last one stung really bad, and I could feel tears pricking at my eyes but I fought them back and turned around, the girl who said it looking straight at me.

“How dare you. What do you think he’d like you? Well I’m going to tell you something, you just threw away any chance you ever had with him because he doesn’t like people like you, people who bring others down to make themselves feel better. He deserves so much better than someone like you, so maybe you should think about that.” I say and turn on my heels away from the crowd.

 ++

I flick through the clothes hung up, running my hand through every one of them. I pull out a nice lace dress in my size, but quickly put it back on the rack after peering at the price tag, ah the perks of being broke.

“I’ll buy it for you Cass.” The familiar husky voice that I know all to well speaks and I roll my eyes and turn to face him.

“No thanks Mikey.” I reply teasingly, it was his turn to roll his eyes now and I hear him sigh.

“I’m buying it for you.” He responds, fishing out his wallet from his back pocket.

“Bu-“ I start but he waves his hand in front of himself, cutting me off completely.

“No buts Cass.” He sing-songed, his green orbs glimmering.

“Fine.” I huff in defeat causing him to smirk.

*

“Are we going to my house now?” I ask Michael as we leave the tenth store we had gone in, my arms starting to hurt from all the shopping bags and he nods.

“Yes please, I’ve never done so much shopping in my life, never again.” He replies and I laugh for a while and smack his arm playfully causing him to wince.

“Aye, I’m still angry with you about not telling me you have fans.” I say and he sighs, his bottom lip forming a pout.

“I’m sorry Cass I really am.” He says and I nod.

“It’s okay Mikey, I forgive you.” I reply and pinch his cheeks.

“But the other boys that are in the band, what are they like? Are they hot?” I ask, wiggling my eyebrows and I hear him groan loudly. He turns his head away from me and doesn’t talk to me for the next 5 minutes, even when we’re in the car.

“Michael.” I say trying to his attention but he doesn’t budge.

“Michaellll.” I repeat, but he stays silent causing me to sigh.

“I’m sorry Mikey, you know I am. I didn’t mean it, you’re the hottest okay?” He looks over at me and smiles and I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I clutch his hand, and lace our fingers together, a buzzing feeling soaring through my body as I do, making my cheeks heat up; but when I look over at him, he’s blushing too. 

longer than usual chapter 

can i get a hell yeah?

michael and cass are so cute i can't right now bye