five

Five

--

“Well you can’t blame me, they said it was a ‘family matter’, how did you even get my full name?” I ask and he smiles lightly.

“Well Cassandra,” He started causing me to cringe. “I asked the lady for Cass and she said sorry we don’t have a Cass so I was like oh but then she said but I do have a Cassandra Helliwell. So I said yes I’d like to sign her out, it’s a family matter and yeah.” He explains and I nod silently, combing a hand through my hair as we lean against his car.

“I thought maybe we could go watch a movie or something unless you want to stay here that’s cool I don’t know.” He says, rambling towards the end and I smile a little at how cute he sounded.

“That sounds amazing, school isn’t that great at the moment.” I answer and his face fills with concern.

“Wait what? What’s going on?” He asks, taking my arm but I shake him off and shake my head.

“It’s nothing seriously.” I reply and he sighs.

“Cass… You can tell me anything.” He says and I nod, my eyes meeting his.

“Thank you, I really appreciate it, but I just don’t feel like talking about it right now. Let’s go have some fun, yeah?” I say and he beams a smile, showing off his perfect teeth and opens the car door for me. What a gentleman move, I think to myself. I look out the window, feeling at ease as the cool breeze hits my face and blows through my hair, calming each and every part of me.

“We’re here.” Michael speaks, smiling and I get out of the car.

“I thought you said we were going to the movies?” I say confused, staring at the house in front of us as Michael slides the keys in the front door.

“We’re at the next best thing, Clifford’s Cinema.” He replies, beaming a smile and I laugh as we walk through the house.

I stand in what I presume is the living room, where Michael has instructed me to stand before he disappeared in another room. I hear rustling and then he comes out, his hands full of popcorn, chips and ice cream causing me to smile widely. He sets everything down onto the coffee table before turning his attention, his green eyes staring deep into my blue ones.

“What shall we watch first princess Cass?” He asks smiling, holding up some classic movies and I cover up the blush that has risen to my cheeks before pointing to Scream. He raises an eyebrow, as if to say, are you sure? I nod smiling and he puts the movie in the DVD player. We sit sprawled on the couch, a large blanket over us as we eat all of the snacks.

I grip Michael’s arm as I can feel something creeping up on the screen and jump into his lap, burying my face in his chest. I engulf his scent, never wanting to get out as he rubs up and down my back.

“I thought you weren’t scared?” He says smirking as I pull away.

“I said I wanted to watch it, I didn’t say I wasn’t scared of it!” I reply causing him to chuckle. I don’t move from his lap, not that he complained.

When the movie finished, neither one of us got up to take out the movie, nor so we just stayed cuddled up on the couch. I moved my head over so I was on his chest and no longer facing the screen.

“Cass?” He whispers, the way he said my name made me want to cry because it was just so beautiful and husky.

“Yeah?”

“Do you want to tell me what’s going on at school?” He asks causing a lump to form in my throat. The tears prick in the back of my eyes and soon I’m regretting not staying at school.

“Hey, Cass, don’t cry.” He says as the tears fall, soaking his grey t-shirt.

“You want to know? Fine.” I say, sitting up and wiping my eyes, not even caring anymore that my mascara must be running.

“B-brad has told the whole school that I slept with him. So on top of being dumped by the h-hottest guy in school, everyone thinks I am a slut too. That’s w-what’s wrong.” I choke out, my eyes and throat feeling like they’ve just been lit on fire.

“Oh Cass. C’mon, that guy is a douche; he doesn’t deserve to have you this upset. Did you actually sleep with him?” He asks soothingly and I shake my head.

“Well that’s why he’s going around telling everybody, so he looks good. You’re beautiful Cass, you’ll find a guy who’ll love and respect you forever.” He says and I nod, the tears still falling freely over my face.

 “And well if people think you actually did that, then they obviously don’t know you. Even if you did, there’s nothing wrong with that, if you love them then who are they to judge you on a personal decision like that?” He adds, his voice serious as he squeezes my hand in his.

“I know, M-Michael but it’s h-hard.” I say, still sobbing and he nods, combing my blue hair with his fingers.

“I know, I know. Now c’mon, no more crying okay? You’re too beautiful.” He coos, looking straight into my eyes as he wipes away the tears. We gaze into each other’s eyes, and I find his eyes darting from my eyes to my lips. He leans in and so do I, our lips softly brushing each other before he closes the gap between us. It was the sweetest kiss I’ve ever shared, our lips moving in perfect sync. I can taste chocolate against his lips; I let out a low moan as he licks the bottom of my lip before pulling away.

“That was…” He starts, staring at me, his mouth half open.

“A mistake.” I answer, before looking away and getting off his lap. 

woo long chapter

not edited btw 

god dammit Cass why

and hope you like it xx