fifteen

fifteen 

++

The position Michael and I were in could possibly be the most comforting and easing position of my life; his arms were wrapped protectively around my waist while my head lay on his chest, listening to the sound of his chest heaving up and down every so often. Nothing could top this moment off, it was simply the most soothing way to end the day. He brought our fingers together, lacing them before tracing little circles near my thumb with his own. A little sigh escaped my lips as my mind wondered to today’s horrible day at school.

“What’s up buttercup?” Michael asked softly, giving my hand a light reassuring squeeze. Nothing in particular was wrong, it was many things. The fact I was failing all of my classes besides French, or the fact that almost everyone hated me for one reason or another – mostly because of Brad but I’d like to think there were other reasons – but most of all because Michael told me his band would be going on tour soon. How am I supposed to react to something as huge as that? How am I supposed to remain calm when he could find someone at least twenty times better than I could ever be? But despite all my thoughts, I went with the typical response.

“Nothing babe, I’m fine,” I look up and give him a small smile.

“I know you’re not Cass, just tell me what’s wrong?” He replies in an unconvinced tone making me sigh yet again. I’m not trying to make him ask me about what’s wrong because in all honesty I just want to keep this moment going on repeat without any interruptions. I want Michael to let it go but I know he won’t give up until I spill it out. After a few seconds of silence, of me contemplating the right words to say without beginning a pointless argument, Michael speaks, his fingers toying with my freshly dyed, vibrant red hair.

“Is it about the tour?” At times I loved how he could read my mind perfectly but other times I wish he couldn’t and right now was one of those times.

“Yeah,” I reply, slowly moving off of him but he pulls me back instantly making me land back on him with a thud. “I’m just scared…” I trail, playing with his fingers nervously. Michael and I weren’t even officially a couple and that honestly scared me to death, I wasn’t sure if what we had meant as much to me as it did to him.

“Scared?” He asks and I nod, turning myself over and propping myself on my elbows, so I could finally face him.

“I don’t know where we stand, I don’t know what it’s going to be like when you come back, I don’t even know how I’m going to deal with you being gone for that long Michael I just—“I rambled, every word making me more upset than the last; soon I was sitting up, running a hand through my hair frustrated. Tears pricked the back of my eyes as I looked at him; the thought of him not being with me made my heart crumble.

Cassandra,” He sighed, and when he saw my nose crinkle at the mention of my full name it made him chuckle lightly before turning back to his serious expression. “Come ere’,” he said finally, noticing how distraught the whole situation was making me. I sat between each of his legs our bodies facing each other perfectly as he took each one of my hands in his and kissing them gently.

“You know how I feel about you, I’m not going to just forget you or leave you alright?” I nodded softly, a few stray tears pouring down my cheeks.

“But I don’t even know what we are Michael,” I whisper, not trusting my voice to not crack. He leant in and gave my lips a short, sweet lingering kiss before pulling away and caressing my tear-stained cheeks softly.

“I don’t like labels, that’s why I haven’t officially asked you to be my ‘girlfriend’ if you will, because I don’t think girlfriend is a special enough title for what you are to me Cass. I love you, everything about you, your little quirks and insecurities make me love you even more, god you don’t even know how much I adore you,” He pressed his lips to mine once more before licking his slightly chapped, ruby red lips before continuing.

“Some nights I just lay in my bed thinking about you. Thinking about how adorable you are when you glare at me for calling you “Cassandra” instead of Cass, or how perfect you look without makeup when you’re just lounging around in sweatpants and your hair is in a bun. You're such a caring person, you literally put everyone in front of yourself and don't expect anything in return when you of all people deserve it. There isn’t a thing I dislike about you Cass except for the fact that you don’t see how stunning you truly are inside and out, but that’s why I’m here, to remind you that you really are everything I have ever been searching for and more.” 

+ AUTHORS NOTE +

I APOLOGISE FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG BUT I HOPE THIS MAKES UP FOR IT 

MICHAEL WAS INHUMANELY SWEET AND ADORABLE AND CUTE AND PERFECT I JUST CAN'T EVEN DEAL 

CAN I JUST HAVE A BOY WHO SAYS SWEET STUFF LIKE THIS TO ME PLEASE??????????

COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS OR I'LL EAT YOU