nine

Nine

--

My eyelids flutter open and I rub my eyes tiredly with the palm of my hand before rolling over on my side and groaning. I smile a little at the sight of Michael sleeping beside me, the sound of his calm breathing making me want to crawl back into the sheets.

“Michael.” I whisper and shake him lightly causing him to stir. His eyes open and I’m now faced with his dreamy emerald eyes.

“Good morning gorgeous.” He greets, his scratchy morning voice made my heart melt like melted butter on warm toast.  

“Good morning, I’ve got school today.” I reply groaning and stuff my face back in the pillow, making him chuckle deeply.

“Oh you do? Did they add a day?” He asks and I furrow my eyebrows together in confusion.

“What do you mean?” I ask, clearly puzzled and he laughs.

“Well, its Saturday, so unless your school has an extra day of school, I think you’re fine.” He replies, a small smirk on his stubble filled face and my cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

“Oh. Right, well I knew that.” I say and he laughs again and nods as if to say, yeah sure. I tug my oversized shirt lower, suddenly realizing I hadn’t been wearing any pants.

“Do you always go around with no pants Cassandra?” He asks almost devilishly, reading my mind.

“To be honest, yes – this is my house after all.” I reply and he smirks, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Can I move in?” He asks cheekily and I smack his arm playfully.

“Is that a yes?” He adds, a glint of hopefulness in his joking tone and I laugh.

“It’s a no from me.” I reply, causing us to both crack up laughing.

I hear footsteps and before I can process anything, my mums head of  black hair pops through the door, her blue eyes widening slightly at the sight of us.

“You didn’t tell me you had a boy over Cass.” She says, she sounded giddier than I was, which was a lot if you ask me, and then she added a wink making me groan in embarrassment.

“Mum. This is Michael, Michael this is my mum.” I say sighing and Michael beams a smile to my mum, extending his hand. Then they shake hands while I sit on the bed like the awkward hedgehog I am.

“Well it was lovely to meet you Michael, are you going to stay for dinner?” My mum asks. It was 6 in the morning, I’m pretty sure he isn’t going to stay the whole day just for dinner.

“I’m going to take Cass out today but we should be back just in time for dinner.” He replies smiling and my mum offers him a smile back before nodding and leaving the room.

“Wait what where are we going?” I ask, turning to Michael and he smiles, his green eyes glimmering like a pretty sunrise.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out, where something pretty.” 

dying bc michael is so cute i can't even right now bye