eleven

Eleven

--

I felt my cheeks flush as I looked away, trying to hide my face. Did he really just say that? I look over to the other side of him, as if to see if there was another girl beside him, only to earn a chuckle from Michael.

“Cass I’m talking about you.” He says, reading my mind.

“You think you’re going to marry me?” I ask, setting down on my back once again and I feel his arm brush against mine.

“Yeah.” He replies simply, his voice still with that edge of husky in his voice, the voice that would make my knees weak. If I had been standing up, which thank god I was not, I would have plummeted straight to the ground.

“And before you ask how,” He adds, turning over on his side to face me before he speaks again, “I just know. I can already see it, there’s just something about you Cass I don’t know.” I smile at his slight rambling, and cup his face with one hand and peck his lips. When I pull away his bottom lip forms a little pout and he leans in again, his soft lips brushing against mine before he closes the gap between us. I can feel him deepening the kiss, the taste of meat-lovers pizza flooding my tastebuds. After what feels like a while we pull away, breathless.

“Do you want go?” He asks shyly, scratching the back of his neck and I laugh a little at how funny he looked before nodding. We pick up all the pizza boxes and rubbish off the floor and I fold the red mat in my arms and place it in the car. When we’ve finished we get in the car, a comfortable silence surrounding us.

“Where are we going now, Mikey?” I ask and he cocks his brow.

“Mikey?”

“Well what else do you want me to call you? Michael’s too long.” I retort and he nods before opening his mouth once more.

“Well, we have to be back before dinner, and it’s,” He says, looking down at his watch, “it’s one now, what do you want to do?” He asks, turning his head away from the road to me.

“I don’t know. We can just go home and play video games or something.” I answer and he looks at me a little puzzled.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I laugh.

“Nothing, it’s just most girls would say shopping, not video games, that’s all.” He chuckles and I nod, finally understanding what he meant.

“Well if you’d like, we can go shopping instead.” I joke and he laughs, shaking his head no.

“That’s not what I want, but if you want to then we can.”

“Let’s go then, I need some new shorts anyway.” I answer and he nods, taking the next exit.

We drive into the car park of the shopping centre, in an attempt to try and find a car spot, but it was quite full today, probably because it was the weekend. The sound of teenage girls screaming makes me furrow my eyebrows together and look out the window of the car, trying to find where the screaming was coming from. From both sides of the car, were girls swarmed to the car, some were hitting the windows and screaming Michael. I look over at him, to see he’s already looking at me.

“Is now a bad time to tell you I’m in a semi-famous band?”

i'm laughing

michael wth