Hold It

The lady behind me pull the dress strings and it sucked in all of my stomach. I almost gasped at the sudden movement and I looked at myself in the almost 360 degree mirror in the room. It was a blue bridesmaid dress with an open shoulder, but then on the biceps were big and poofy. The dress was also a skin tight mermaid style, with a mess of fabric at the bottom. What the hell is Ashley thinking? I thought to myself as I studied the dress.

The manager took me into the showing area where Ashley and Taylor were waiting for me. Taylor had already fitted her dress, and this was my appointment. This can't be the dress Ash picked for her wedding. I basically came out stomping, but it was hard to tell because the dress was so tight. 

However, I knew it was a joke because right when they saw me coming out they started to burst with laughter. They smacked each other and held their chests, soaking in the humiliation. Everyone was staring at them, but their vision was too blurred by their tears. 

"Okay, that's enough." I say standing in front of them and try to kick them, but the dress restricts me, making me look even more ridiculous. 

"Just wait!" Ashley laughs and pulls out her phone and snaps a picture of me. 

"You look so stupid!!" Taylor points and looks me up and down. 

"Oh! You didn't look any better!" Ashley laughs and then I see her swipe through her phone and then she holds her phone out to me to look. I look at the picture and sure enough it's Tay in the same dress, and with my same expression. 

"I still think she looks worse." Taylor crosses her arms with a chuckle at the end. 

"Yeah she does." Ashley bursts again and I shake my head. "Hey 1970 called and wants her dress back!" She says in a cheesy voice and I glare at her. 

"I fucking hate you." I whisper/yell at them, and turn around and walk away. 

The manager zipped me up and I was completely shocked at this dress. It was a stunning rustic-pink dress with a halter top covering the chest, and it was knee length. The waistline was a natural fit and between the legs was a slight a slit, making it beautiful. It fit me really nice and I was getting more and more excited for the wedding. "I don't know, I think I like thee other one the best." The manager says in her Russian accent and adds a smile, making  me realize she's joking with me.  

I walked out into the showing area and Ashley and Taylor's reactions were completely different this time

I walked out into the showing area and Ashley and Taylor's reactions were completely different this time. They looked aw-struck and happy at the same time. "Ashley, this dress is amazing!" I say as I stand in front of the mirror and admire it more. 

I see her have her clever smirk on and she shrugs, "I know, I have great taste." She says and elbows Taylor in the side. 

"I can't wait for Cooper to see you in that." Taylor snickers and I glare at her. 

"Taylor you know there's nothing between Cooper and I." I continue to glare at through the mirror and she looks at me like you-know-I-know-it