Epilogue

My body automatically stretched as I woke up in our soft king sized bed. I looked over at my sleeping husband and smiled to myself, still loving how it amazing it felt to wake up next to him. He had just received a hair cut, but his overnight stubble showed on his perfectly structured- rugid face. I looked at the clock and it was 7:15, holy we were really sleeping in today. 

I slowly got out of bed, dressed in my flannel pants and Cooper's old tee shirt. I go into our bathroom and do my daily routine, brush my teeth and wash my face and put on my wedding ring. Once I'm done, I walk out of our room and walk to Kasen's room. 

Kasen Colby Blackwood was born on March 19th, coincidentally on the one year anniversary of Cooper and I's engagement. He weighed 7 pounds and 3 ounces and measured 21". My labor went perfect and I had no complications, except for the pain of course. I became pregnant on the night of our wedding, which we weren't expecting. None the less, we love our little boy and are very thankful for our little blessing. But I still get a lot of shit from Caleb about conceiving right away. 

Cooper was so excited when we found out we were having a boy, he was literally dancing in the hospital and singing on the top of his lungs in the car ride home. My whole life, I had never decided on whether I wanted a boy or a girl first, but seeing Cooper this excited made me even happier. 

Kasen is quite the character, definitely keeps us on our toes. He really likes to try new things and experience them on his own. I mean, what two year old doesn't? He absolutely loves riding with his dad on the tractor, and managing the ranch on horseback. He has a sorrel Shetland pony who he calls, "Girlfriend", even though he stays clear of girls. It took him a long time to get used to Addison, Caleb and Ashley's girl. 

Kasen is also tougher than nails. I swear that kid is invisible. He has given me about 100 heart attacks from close calls. He has already sprained his arm and had stitches in his head. He is the king of doing michevious things, but he is also my little sweetheart. As much as he loves spending time with Cooper, he is totally a mama's boy. From the few times he actually gets scared, he runs and jumps into my arms. 

I opened his door that had a huge Sheriff sticker on it and when I looked at the bed, I noticed he was gone

I opened his door that had a huge Sheriff sticker on it and when I looked at the bed, I noticed he was gone. He never gets up by himself unless until 8 o'clock, maybe he is in the bathroom. I close the door and walk down the hallway and to the bathroom. The light is on, but no Kasen. Okay, then he's in the kitchen. 

As I make my way to the kitchen, I hear nothing which makes my heart race. I finally make it and don't see my child. I run to the window and look outside to see if he is by the barn or in the arena. My stomach drops, I see nothing. 

I run back to our bedroom and shake Cooper's arm under the covers. "Cooper!" I know he is awake but just doesn't open his eyes. "Wake up!" 

"Only if my wife kisses me." He smugly smirks with his deep morning voice. 

"Not the time Cooper! I can't find Kasen!" I throw the covers off him and throw the shirt on the floor to him as he immediately opens his eyes, looking wide eyed at me.