Excuse Me?

I woke up to what I thought was my alarm clock, but the sound was definitely not "Kerosene" by Miranda Lambert. Instead the sound was a snoring Cooper right beside my face. I was currently laying directly on my back, my right arm at a 90 degree with my hand under a pillow. My left arm was around Cooper's shoulders. Coopers head was resting on my shoulder, while his left arm was sprawled against my chest while his left hand was resting on my upper arm. 

I looked down at him and couldn't help but smile. It was usually me who was "spooning" Cooper, but to be honest, I liked this a lot better. Being like this made me feel appreciated. I didn't get to see this side of Cooper often, he almost seemed like a low-key baby. The way he was so snuggled into me have me a strong sense of something, like I was precious to him. Sure, he does a lot of romantic things for me and that's his soft side but this was different. He looked almost, vulnerable. Not weak, but if he were to let me go right now, he would lose me. 

Cherishing this moment, I brought my left hand up and I started to run my fingers through his soft hair, careful not to wake him up. I didn't care that his snores woke me up, I'm glad I was lucky enough to witness this. His eyebrows were lightly scrunched, as if he was focusing on dreaming, hopefully about me. His lips were slightly parted as he breathed. When Cooper was sleeping he looked adorably innocent and youthful. 

Okay, I had to get a picture of this. Carefully, I untangled my fingers from his locks and reached over for my phone, slightly moving causing me to stop to see if he woke. Once I saw he was still soundly asleep, I grabbed my phone and opened my camera and took a couple of pictures from my view and then one above us, just getting his position in the picture. Then I looked over them and decided that they were perfect and made my heart happy and warm. 

I put my phone back, noticing the time was almost seven o'clock. Tonight we had to be warming up by 7:00 because the rodeo started at 7:30, so we had time to waste during the day. I sighed and started to run my fingers through his hair and then he snuggled more into me, making me smile with adoration.  I ran my fingers to the nape of his neck, my fingers tingling when they contacted his soft tan skin. Cooper was shirtless, so I ran my nails across the middle of his back and made circular patterns. 

"That feels amazing." His incredibly sexy rough morning voice grumbled out, sending chills through out my body. 

"Good morning." I hummed and smiled even though he wasn't looking at me. 

Cooper took his arm off mine, and then made his hand into a fist, pushing himself up and doing the same to the other arm, so he was looking down at me. Cooper lips turn into a goofy smile once he looked at me, making me smile more. I watched his eyes as they inspected my face. I'd usually be insecure about someone doing this, but with him I absolutely loved it. "Gall, have I ever told you how freakin' beautiful you are?" His voice was still rough, but yet so smooth. It wasn't fair to me. 

"Only about a thousand times." I chuckle and roll my eyes playfully at him. 

His eyes almost sparkled what I assumed was happiness as he leaned down lower to me, "Well that's it's not enough." Then what we've both been waiting for since we've woken up happened when his lips connected with mine. My hands automatically went to his stubby cheeks, loving the way his unshaven face felt under my touch. 

The kiss didn't last long, but for once I was okay with it because it was morning and we both needed to freshen up. "I call the sink first." I pushed him away from me, making him land on his back. I crawled to the end of the bed and walked down the steps until he stopped me. 

"Wait," He said and then I turned to him and he had his phone in front of his face. "Smile pretty girl." I sighed and tilted my head back and to the side and then bringing my hands to under my chine and popped my foot, trying to be cute. He gave me a thumbs up, telling me I could continue. So I went to the sink and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was pulled into a slightly messy high ponytail, curls falling to frame my face. I had on a navy over sized Carhartt shirt, that almost reached my knees.