Promise?

******COOPER*****

I rolled over in my bed, my legs taking the sheets with them making a tangled mess. I was face down in my pillow, so I turned so I could actually breath and then I forced myself to open my groggy eyes. First my eyes landed on my alarm clock, the time reading 6:50, second, my eyes then happily drifted over to the picture frame of me and DaKota. My lips instantly turned into a foolish grin at the thought of the love of my life. 

Love of my life?

Could DaKota be the love of my life already? We've only been dating for little over a month and a half, but man, does it feel like I've known her a lot longer than that. It's crazy to feel like this in that amount of time, but I can't deny the feelings I have for her. I literally can not imagine my life without DaKota. Not only is she smoking hot, but very intelligent, unique, caring, stubborn, and independent, the list goes on forever and forever. I wish I could show her off to everyone I know, even to people I don't! But I understand why she doesn't want to tell her father, that man has it out for me, and I can blame my awesome father for that. 

DaKota's dad thinks I'm the one who still the money from the sale barn, but in reality, it was Bill. He set me up by stealing my jacket and then going in the sale barn and purposely turning to the camera, my dad knows better than letting the cameras catch you. When I confronted him about it he said it was a warning, a warning for the next time he asks me to come with him and do his dirty work.

That was the last time I heard from him, until that night he paid Kota a visit at the diner. Without him telling us, my mother and I both knew that was the last warning, and the next time he comes back, he was not going without a fight. Of course, I didn't tell DaKota that because she would worry herself to death. DaKota doesn't deserve that kind of danger, she deserves to be worry-free and happy. She shouldn't even have to question her safety around me, and while my dads still around, safety is not promised. 

Maybe her dad is right about me.. DaKota is too good for me, she deserves only the best. But could I really let her go so easy? I knew I had to keep DaKota if I wanted to keep my sanity, I wouldn't let go of her without a fight. 

Shaking my head and sighing to myself, I just tell myself that everything will be okay in the end. I grab my phone off the nightstand and quickly text DaKota, "Good morning beautiful." with a heart and heart eyes emoji and send it. I know she's still sleeping, she'll be awake by eight o'clock. I wonder what shes going to do today, I know I won't be able to see her later because I'm busy all morning and afternoon. 

***************

I grabbed the five bags of Total Equine Feed and then put it onto my shopping cart, and then steered it over to the cattle feed. I scanned the brands and then spotted the bags of Total Bull Feed and grabbed ten bags of it. All I hear in my head is the sound of a cash register making the "chah-ching" sound, because I was breaking the bank today. Not only did I need more feed, I had to get supplies for fencing, and dewormer for the horses and cattle. Just another day in the life of a cowboy.

While I was pushing my cart out to my pickup a unwanted voice called my name, "Cooper! Cooper!" I dropped my head back and groaned to myself. There was no avoiding her now.

"Hi Avery." I put on my best fake smile for her. 

"Haven't seen you around much, stranger." She says and then puts her finger on my bicep and drags it down my arm, trying to be seductive. 

"I've been busy, like right now." I say as I grab a bag of feed and toss it into the bed of my pickup. 

"You've always been a hard-working man, Cooper Blackwood."