Oh, Okay

I woke up to something licking my face, Micah. My face scrunches when my senses takes in her bad morning breath, or just bad breath in general. I force myself to open my eyes to her sweet face right in front of mine. "Hi my sweet girl.." I barely say, still in a sleeping state. She continues to stare at me and I stare back at her, she wines and reaches her paw up towards me. "What do you want?" I ask her in that weird baby voice everyone does to their pet. 

Micah pushes herself off me, earning a grunt from me and then she makes her way towards my balcony door. She wants to go outside for a walk, something we haven't done since we got into the rain incident. She pants as she looks back at me with hopeful and playful eyes. "Alright, just give me five minuets." I say as I roll out of bed and towards my bathroom. 

The other dogs are already waiting for me on the porch when Micah and I walk out of the door. They already know what is going on like they planned it, making me laugh. They lead me down our dirt drive, already knowing the route we are taking. 

It's a beautiful morning, the sun alone in the sky, shining above the dancing sage grass. The dogs stay close me as we turn onto the road and they start to follow different scents in the ditch. I on the other hand, try not to follow the depressing thoughts and images over these past few days. Instead, I try to focus on the sights around me. The golden dirt beneath my feet, the way the grass smells, the neighbor mares and their babies coming over the hills, and the free feeling I feel in my stomach right now. 

If only Cooper was sharing this with me. 

Dammit, don't think about it! I shook my head and then I started to quicken my pace, the dogs easily catching up with me. 

Walking towards the diner, I straightened my shirt and took in a deep breath. This would be the first time in the diner since Cooper got arrested, I haven't been around this many people in a while. I only hope they would just ignore me and carry on with their lunch. 

The bells rang and all heads turn to look at me, whispers and stares were very noticeable in everybody in the cafe. I was glued in my spot, I didn't know what to do in that moment. "DaKota!" I heard to my left and then I felt two embracing arms around me in a flash. 

Taylor, the person who I needed the most right now. 

"I'm so glad to see you." I sigh into her shoulder and then we pull away from each other. 

"C'mon, let's go talk." Taylor said as she wrapped an arm around my shoulders and led me over to the farthest booth in the corner, away from everybody. 

****************

"That makes no sense to me." Taylor scrunches her eyebrows with anger when I tell her what Cooper asked me yesterday when I visited him. 

"I know, he totally shocked me when he said it. I'm not sure if he wanted to or not, he was pretty torn up about it." 

"I wouldn't of answered." Taylor shrugged nonchalantly. 

"I told him I didn't want to, but you should of saw his eyes. He could of sold the cops marijuana with those eyes. Damn him." 

"So are you seeing him today?" She asks me as she sticks a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth. 

"Yep, I'll probably go after we're done talking." I shrugged looking around us. "Everyone is looking at us." I sighed as I turned back to look at her. 

"They're just curious." Taylor says slightly positive. 

"No, they just want to see if I am a wreck or not." I sigh again and cross my arms.