Not Helping The Situation

I give myself credit for coming up with this idea, I needed space from everything. My wonderful idea was to take a trail ride in the mountains, with my Blue roan, Sir Lance. I haven't done this forever, and it was a beautiful day to do so. My parents hated it when I went into the mountains, but I made sure I had everything I needed: Carhartt Jacket, two pairs of sweats, gloves, med kit, flash light, matches, food, tin cups, and more. If something happened, I wasn't gonna let Nature kick my butt. 

Why was I needing space from everyone? Every one was on my case, for no reason. River was the most mad at me, I understood him a little, but others, they could kiss off. It all started last night at the Berg's wedding. 

I was starting to break a sweat from all of the line dancing we were doing. At least I was wearing a dress to vent some places. We all cheered and clapped for each other as "Watermelon Crawl" ended and we all separated to our friends. Tonight I was dateless, again. River said he didn't want to come because he didn't like my brother. Believe me, I was over it by the first dance of the night. 

I needed some water so I went over to the bar and grabbed a cup, while I watched the couples dance with each other. I looked down at myself, wearing a black shoulder less flowy dress with some dark-buckskin-fringed sandals.  My hair was in a low bun, with strands sticking out. My eyes landed on Caleb and Ashley slow dancing. In just a few weeks, they would be sharing their first dance as a married couple, I could not wait for the wedding. 

"Hey Kota." A deep voice says beside me, and it's no other but the Cooper Blackwood. Things have been awkward between us since he helped me with Nash. That night I heard what he said, but he didn't know that I knew. But what made me mad was that I had found out that Cooper had stayed the night and slept beside me, the whole night!! I had a boyfriend! Have, I have a boyfriend. After I confronted him about the wrong thing he did, we got into an argument and I found out that he was dating Avery. What the hell? I was so confused when he said that, why would he date her? Also why would he said what he said to me while he's seeing someone! I was beyond mad.

"Hello Cooper." I side glance him, he's leaning his forearms against the bar, looking at me. 

"Where's River?" He said and I cocked my jaw and turned to look at him. I wish I wouldn't of looked, because when I looked at him I instantly forgave him.. He looked incredible. He was wearing nice jeans and a Black pearl snap long sleeve, topped of with a charcoal American hat. 

"Where's Avery?" I raise my eyebrow and he smirks, and then moves and now his back is against the bar and his left arm is against mine. 

"I am sorry about the other day, I wanna be friends again DaKota." He says as he looks me in the eyes. I look hard and long and see the sincereness in his eyes. 

"Okay." I sigh and his face lights up with happiness, making me smile. 

"Okay?" He repeats me and I nod. "I think this deserves a dance!" He says in a matter-of-fact tone and then stands in front of me while I look away from him. 

"Cooper, I don't think we shou-" He cuts me off. 

"C'mon, you did say you owed me." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I chuckle. 

"Just one." I give in to him and he smiles more at me and turns to the side and motions his arm to the dance floor. 

"Shall we?" He says and holds out his other hand and I grab it, him leading me to the floor. 

We took position, his hand on my back, my left hand in his right, and my right hand on his shoulder. I hated to say it, I wasn't uncomfortable. Willie Nelson's song, "Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain" came on when we started dancing, I loved this song.