1

December 25
"C-c-come on Hoodie j-just a little b-bit f-farther." Masky stuttered as he continued to march through the deep Minnesota snow. Hoodie couldn't give a reply because his teeth were too busy violently chattering. They were both freezing and starving to death. Quite literally.

They had been hiking through the woods for about two days. The only reason they survived the first night was because they found a small cave that was relatively warm, and they were able to use their last match to start a fire. But they weren't so lucky the second night.

"I can't," Hoodie choked out. His body was shaking like a leaf. He was soaked to the bone. Masky looked around desperately for some place that they could spend the night. A few yards ahead of them there was a large tree. Masky signaled for Hoodie to follow him.

The tree was huge. It had a nice overhang of branches that blocked most of the new snow that just kept coming down, but it didn't stop the cold, harsh wind.

Both men sat down underneath the tree. Masky was sure that if they just survived tonight they would be fine.

They passed out from pure exhaustion. Their shivering bodies clinging on to each other.

The big branches were a blessing and a curse. They did block the oncoming snow, but they also blocked the smoke coming from a nearby chimney.

Masky woke up at dawn. His own shivering had woken him up.

Masky shook Hoodie. He didn't move. Hoodie was curled in a tight ball. Masky took off Hoodie's mask. He was almost as white as the snow. His eyes stared blankly ahead. Masky gave Hoodie one last hard shake, but Hoodie did nothing.

Masky knew he was dead. But he couldn't bring himself to cry or to feel anything really. He was just too cold.

He knew he had to do something with the body. It seemed disrespectful to just leave him here lying in the snow. There was no way Masky could dig a grave the snow was too deep and the ground would be frozen solid anyway. At that moment, he noticed that the tree had a large hole in one side. The tree was hollow.

Masky felt terrible as he propped Hoodie's body in the tree. He placed the mask carefully on top of Hoodie.

"Goodbye Brian. I'll miss you." A single tear rolled down his cheek. He wasn't fully accepting that his best friend, no,that his brother was dead.

Masky walked on. He barely noticed the cold anymore.

His heart began to race. In the distance he saw a building. He was filled with hope. He looked over to tell Hoodie...

His heart shattered. But he continued to walk to the cabin. Each step felt lighter as he approached the shelter.

A/N: so here's the first chapter. I'll try to update this often but I make no promises. Tell me if you like it or if there is any Grammer mistakes.