9

"I can't believe you made me blueberry pancakes. I hate blueberries," Toby whined. They were gritty and tasteless. Why did people even bother eating them? He pushed the plate that Tim had tried to hand him away.

"How was I supposed to know. Why do you even have blueberries if you don't even like them?" Masky asked frustrated. For once in his life, he had tried to do a nice thing for someone else and Toby didn't even seem to appreciate it. He was only being nice cause the poor kid was sick. There was absolutely no other reason. Not at all. Definitely not.

"For my guests of course! I'm not going to be a rude host." Toby scoffed and crossed his arms. "I may not like them, but they might. But of course, I'll lose all respect for them and kick them out immediately after if they actually eat the blueberries." He had strong convictions when it came to blueberries.

"Toby... when was the last time you had guests? You live in the middle of the woods. No one in their right mind would come out here," the other man shook his head and took the blueberry pancakes back. If Toby wasn't going to eat them he would. 

"Hey! Shut up. people come out here all the time in the summer." Toby paused for a second. "Well, actually people have stopped coming out here after the newspapers reported about 'the crazed wood killer". That's me of course. I think they could have done better with the nickname. Its not very creative. But before that, a ton of families would come out here. Mostly to fish and hunt. And of course, there are those guys who want to recreate Brokeback Mountain, if you catch my drift..." I'd love to recreate Brokeback Mountain with you... Toby smiled thinking that he had proved his point. Tim laughed.

"Do those really count as guests? I mean you ended up killing them all." Tim bit into the pancakes and moaned. "Damn! These are super good. You're missing out Toby." The smaller boy blushed slightly. Tim should definitely not moan in front of him, it just leads to bad things. Really bad things.

"D-don't do that," Toby muttered. Masky tilted his head and gave him a confused look. "Just eat your food normally. No reason to make so many noises." Toby shook his head. Maybe that would help get those thoughts out of his head. "And they were my guests. I would invite lost and confused people in my house.  Give them a false sense of security. Sometimes I would let them stay with me a day or two. That was only if I was really lonely. And then I'd kill 'em. There was this one guy who-" Toby was cut off.

"Wait... You let me stay here. Were you planning on killing me?! Are you going to kill me!" Masky yelled. He stood up causing the pancakes to crash to the floor. He was fuming. His hands clenched into fists. Toby had a flashback to when he was a child and his dad would get just as mad. Tim would never do that. Right?

Toby only intended to kill Masky for like a second. He changed his mind after he saw his rockin' bod. Although, if he was into necrophilia the story may have gone a little different.  "No of course not! I wouldn't kill you! You're too hot to kill." Shit. I didn't mean to say that last bit. 

"What do you mean I'm too hot to kill? What the hell Toby. You don't make any sense. I just... I'm going for a walk." Masky stormed towards the door and grabbed his tan jacket on the way out.

"Tim wait! It's too cold out there! the snow-" But it was too late, Masky was gone. Good job Toby you've done it again. Why can't I just keep my mouth shut!

Toby just stayed sitting in his chair.  He didn't have the physical or emotional strength to get up. What was even the point? He always messed everything up. Tim was the closest thing he had to a friend and now he might not ever come back. He might even die out there. 

Why do I even care? It's not like he ever even liked me. He just needed a place to stay alive. He doesn't care about me at all.  He never cared for me. I was just a warm place to stay. You didn't even know him. Toby cried. He cried for Tim. He cried for his sister and his mother. And he cried for himself. 

Toby woke up in a mess of limbs. No more sleeping on the couch. The blueberry pancakes were gone. The plate still there. It was covered in some sort of slime. Toby was puzzled. Then he smelled something awful.  He wanted to barf. The smell was getting worse. Toby plugged his nose and looked around for the source. A jolt of panic washed over him when he saw the door was open. Had another raccoon gotten in? Oh no, the food! A low growling noise was heard from behind him. That's not a raccoon.

Toby was speechless. On his bed, was something not quite human. The grey, loose skin. The deepset black eyes. The large claws. Saliva was dripping from its mouth. Something dark red surrounded his lips. That wasn't blueberries. The two stared at each other. It sat there on all fours ready to pounce. Toby's cursed himself for leaving his hatchets by the door. Far away from where he was now.

"Toby?" Tim called from outside the cabin. "Look I think we need to talk. I'm sorry that I-" Masky stopped when he entered the cabin. "What the fuck is that!" 

That's when things went south.

A/n: Wow it's truly a miracle!!!! I actually updated. Let me know whats up yall. How are you liking the story? I think I'll start doing a question each chapter for you guys to answer.

Do you like dialogue or descriptions more? 

I'm obviously a hoe for dialogue.