10

It was suddenly a standoff. No one moved. They didn't dare breathe. The thing stayed there, saliva dripping from its razor-sharp teeth. It watched them with its soulless eyes, not scared--just curious. The monster hopped off the bed in one quick motion. Two living humans were much more interesting than an unmade bed. Its long claws made indents in the wooden floor. It crawled towards Toby first.

"Toby!" Tim hissed. The creature whipped its head and stared Tim straight in the eyes. It would have made a lesser man cry. The beast was suddenly very disinterested in Toby. It crept over to Tim who was still in the doorway. "You're a little shit! You won't take my last friend away from me." Tim stepped back and ushered the animal to follow him. Then he ran.

Toby was left alone in the cabin. He was frozen with fear. 

Hatchets! Help Tim. Go you, idiot!

Toby ran and grabbed his hatchets. He heard yelling outside. Was that two voices?

And then there was a gunshot.

With hatchets in hand, Toby dashed outside and he watched as the creature twitched as blood seeped into the untouched snow around it. Next to it was Tim, who was alive. Thank God. Toby rushed over to him and started asking a billion questions. He ran his hands all over Tim's chest and back trying to feel for scratches. Tim didn't even notice. His eyes were drawn to something in the forest. Toby squinted and tried to make out what was out there.  A man that Toby had never seen slowly stepped out of the shadows. A single word escaped Tim's lips, "Brian?"

A/N: I am weak. I know this is short my bad loolz. I hope y'all have a great Easter!!!

The question of the chapter:  Who's your favorite character in this book?

(There are only like 2 main characters but whateverrrrrrr.)

I'm torn honestly. I love Tim and Toby a whole awful lot.